Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Cash line

tag
cadstar
Valued Member

BofA Cash line

I started out with the BoA secured card 3 yrs ago, and after faithfully paying all of my bills on time, along with a few  CLI's Im now enjoying a 15k limit with ther worlds points card. I always PIF and never carry a balance, but I do run a lot of volume through them. So last month, i pushed the envelope and went for an increase of 5k. It was a soft pull, and they declined. It didnt bother me at all, hell, Ive gotten 3 CLI's in the last 9 months alone. 

So .. today I log in and check my balance, and I see something new... CL is still 15k. Available credit is still 15K, but below that.. it says available cash line $4500, 

My question is, does anyone know how or if , that available cash line will show on my credit report? I called BofA, but I was on hold too long, and couldnt wait.

Its odd, because its something Ive never seen before on my statements.

Thanks for any info..

11/02/09 TU 692 EQ(myfico) 657
1/2/10 TU 702 EQ(myfico) 667
4/4/11 TU 745 EQ(myfico) 723
12/23/11 TU 771 EQ (myfico) 745 Trans 709
Gardening Now

1/13/10 TU(myfico) 709 EQ(myfico) 667 EXP PLUS 709

DONT STOP BELIEVING !!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Cash line

Same Here. I'm also confused with the new thing of cash on left side. Also how did you get 3 CLI in 9 months. I have BoA started as student card in Sep 2006 PIF every time carried balance come times but ma never late in my entire credit history of 6 years. at the end of 12 months i got my dep back of $300 and the card gotr converted to reg CC from sec card. I want to reach to 5 fig with BoA, how do i do that

Message 2 of 15
cadstar
Valued Member

Perhaps I just got lucky. In fact, the firs time i tried to get an unsecured cardf rom them, I was denied, because I had been late once in the last 12 months (during that time)while it was secured. I remember the guy telling me, that I needed 12 consecutive months of no lates, so I achieved that..got my 1k back, and started with a $1500 cl.

It was after reading the forums and following the advice of some of the people here, that I went for my CLIs, nd eventually got them.

Its funny now looking back on it, so be patient, you will get there. Remeber, the journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step..(or something like that)

but yes, Im still confused about the cash thing.. maybe I will try calling again if no one answers.

11/02/09 TU 692 EQ(myfico) 657
1/2/10 TU 702 EQ(myfico) 667
4/4/11 TU 745 EQ(myfico) 723
12/23/11 TU 771 EQ (myfico) 745 Trans 709
Gardening Now

1/13/10 TU(myfico) 709 EQ(myfico) 667 EXP PLUS 709

DONT STOP BELIEVING !!!
Message 3 of 15
Datx
Valued Contributor

Its actually been reported in another credit forum that I joined as well. Lots of BOA credit card holders have reported that the Cash advance limit has been slahsed down to about 30% of the CL. Don't worry, you are not alone or did nothing yourself to trigger it.

Message 4 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

bank of america must love me then, because my visa signature cash limit shows 5k which is my current revolving purchase limit.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 5 of 15
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@cadstar wrote:

I started out with the BoA secured card 3 yrs ago, and after faithfully paying all of my bills on time, along with a few  CLI's Im now enjoying a 15k limit with ther worlds points card. I always PIF and never carry a balance, but I do run a lot of volume through them. So last month, i pushed the envelope and went for an increase of 5k. It was a soft pull, and they declined. It didnt bother me at all, hell, Ive gotten 3 CLI's in the last 9 months alone. 

So .. today I log in and check my balance, and I see something new... CL is still 15k. Available credit is still 15K, but below that.. it says available cash line $4500, 

My question is, does anyone know how or if , that available cash line will show on my credit report? I called BofA, but I was on hold too long, and couldnt wait.

Its odd, because its something Ive never seen before on my statements.

Thanks for any info..

It won't as far as I know. Your total credit line is what's reported.

I have the BOA Amex Cash. Got the card 6 months ago. My CL is 7,500. cash advance was always 2,200. Nothing's changed.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i need to update. i just received a letter from bank of america stating that on oct. 4th, they will cut my cash line to 30% of my purchase credit line. so this confirms i was WRONG about them lovin me.. They will do the same with everyone that has a credit card with them. i suspect they can't or wont do it to new cardmembers; only after six months will they do this.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My card also has the cash limit on my card. It does not report on the credit report. Only total credit limit reports on the credit report.

Message 8 of 15
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Cash line is just that. That amount of your credit line that you have available as a cash advance. It is almost never more that 30% of anybodys' credit line. and that number does NOT report to the credit reporting agencies. Just our credit limit.

Message 9 of 15
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

They will report the full CL UNLESS it is a signature Visa.  Then they won't report any credit limit.  It plays havoc with your util.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.