Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Card Customer Service Stinks

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA Credit Card Customer Service Stinks

@ilzhoefer wrote:

I was asking to waive the late fee and then reduce my interest rate.

That's all, nothing complicated.

My id was stolen and my old bofa cc was closed. My cu bill pay still had the old card attached to it. Therefore making my payment late. They said looking at my payment history and my inability to correct my bill pay, the $35 late fee stands. Then I was transferred 2 times to someone else about my interest rate. We started talking about my employment and then said since my acct is presently deliquent, which it is not, just a late payment, that they couldn't continue with the request of a lower interest rate.

They like to see at least 6 months of payments without a late payment.

I used to have 700+, but now with short sales I am red flagged and BofA only looks at paper and it's hard to find someone on the phone there that really cares. Hence why I am at a Credit union and will soon open up an account with Navy Federal Credit Union.

In that case, i don't think they will take the late payment off because it was at your end. Now, if their system were down on the due date maybe they can reinburse the late fee. Also, how long you have the account? Normally, creditors require you to have the card for 6 months and apply for a CLI on the 7th statement.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 11 of 17
linux007969
Established Contributor

Well so far i have had an awesome expirence with Bank of America, it doesnt even matter who i call, i called the number on the back of my card once and was given great customer service from someone not even in the US. Any other time I call a back door number or i even call FIA Card Services and get routed through automaticlally to someone who is very nice and helpful.

On my last call the rep even thanked me for being a cardholder since 2012 & back when i called to add 123 cash rewards to my account the very nice rep said "you deserve it!"

So I had no problem with their customer service yet!  Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 12 of 17
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Well so far i have had an awesome expirence with Bank of America, it doesnt even matter who i call, i called the number on the back of my card once and was given great customer service from someone not even in the US. Any other time I call a back door number or i even call FIA Card Services and get routed through automaticlally to someone who is very nice and helpful.

On my last call the rep even thanked me for being a cardholder since 2012 & back when i called to add 123 cash rewards to my account the very nice rep said "you deserve it!"

So I had no problem with their customer service yet!  Smiley Very Happy

Same here.  

Message 13 of 17
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@ilzhoefer wrote:

I was asking to waive the late fee and then reduce my interest rate.

That's all, nothing complicated.

My id was stolen and my old bofa cc was closed. My cu bill pay still had the old card attached to it. Therefore making my payment late. They said looking at my payment history and my inability to correct my bill pay, the $35 late fee stands. Then I was transferred 2 times to someone else about my interest rate. We started talking about my employment and then said since my acct is presently deliquent, which it is not, just a late payment, that they couldn't continue with the request of a lower interest rate.

They like to see at least 6 months of payments without a late payment.

I used to have 700+, but now with short sales I am red flagged and BofA only looks at paper and it's hard to find someone on the phone there that really cares. Hence why I am at a Credit union and will soon open up an account with Navy Federal Credit Union.

You have derogatories on your credit report?  If so, virtually impossible to get an APR reduction.  If they are recent, you're lucky they don't increase your APR.

Message 14 of 17

My calls with them have been pleasant, maybe I've been fortunate with who I end up on the phone with. It may also help to go to your local branch and make a call through them, as they may be able to find someone to help you

22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Message 15 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

While my few experiences have been pleasant enough, seems to be some confusion on their part when dealing with applications and product change.

I applied for the Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Visa,  but received their Total Merrill Visa, which was not what I wanted, as it has fewer benefits..  Called them up from the number listed on the website, had to get transferred several times and in the process, got disconnected.  Callback, same transfers but no disconnect.  Very nice Merrill Lynch CSR, who did show that they sent me the Total Merrill card, and yet my on-line account shows the Platinum Plus account.  No problem, the CSR said they would simply send out the correct card, and that it would take 2-4 weeks to receive it.  In the meantime I can go ahead and use the Total Merrill card until the replacement arrives.  We shall see what arrives !

Message 16 of 17
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

While my few experiences have been pleasant enough, seems to be some confusion on their part when dealing with applications and product change.

I applied for the Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Visa,  but received their Total Merrill Visa, which was not what I wanted, as it has fewer benefits..  Called them up from the number listed on the website, had to get transferred several times and in the process, got disconnected.  Callback, same transfers but no disconnect.  Very nice Merrill Lynch CSR, who did show that they sent me the Total Merrill card, and yet my on-line account shows the Platinum Plus account.  No problem, the CSR said they would simply send out the correct card, and that it would take 2-4 weeks to receive it.  In the meantime I can go ahead and use the Total Merrill card until the replacement arrives.  We shall see what arrives !

Totally agree with confusion dealing with PC. Read my thread "BofA Visa to Mastercard."

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.