Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Limit Decrease

tag
mgeorges
Valued Member

BofA Credit Limit Decrease

I have a bank of america american express and they lowered my credit limit from $8200 to $7400 I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Credit Limit Decrease

I'm worried about AA from BOA too. I racked up too many INQs on EX recently and they might hit me soon.

How is your UTI%, number of INQs, Fico score drop, too many new accounts?

Message 2 of 7
android01
Valued Contributor

I've heard of BOA reducing CLs from lack of use.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they started lowering CL's on everyone as BOA is in trouble.  They borrowed five billion dollars from Warren Buffet, and everyone and their mother is sueing or about to sue them because they own Countrywide mortgage.  We all know what happened there.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 7
dharalex
Established Contributor

It happened to me right when the new banking laws changed. I had a high util ratio of 50% at the time, but not overdrawn or maxed out. They only recently increased it $500 after decreasing it $2700 and $5000! Nevertheless, I don't and won't use them for that reason.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

I just checked my available credi for my BoA Visa Signature and it is unchanged. 

What are the issues with Countrywide?  I used to have them a refi or so ago. And my current mortgage is with BoA.

Is there any reason for me to be concerned?

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 5 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

BofA did to me a couple of years  a couple of years. They decreased your limit when you carried a high balance on your accounts over three to six months. You can ask them to increase your limit and decrease your APR once you pay it off.  By the way, they keep sending 0% BT checks and 5% cash back on certain purchases like restaurant, groceries and gas. They're still not one of favorite cards to use.

Ron.

Message 6 of 7
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

BofA did to me a couple of years  a couple of years. They decreased your limit when you carried a high balance on your accounts over three to six months. You can ask them to increase your limit and decrease your APR once you pay it off.  By the way, they keep sending 0% BT checks and 5% cash back on certain purchases like restaurant, groceries and gas. They're still not one of favorite cards to use.

Ron.

+1

I think half of the paper in my shredder is from those checks.  I shudder to think what someone could do with them if they got ahold of them.  Yikes!

My BoA CC is not my favorite either since I got Amex Costco.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.