Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Exposure/Income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Exposure/Income

Have a credit limit of 62K on one card, income near 192K total.

while searching the forums up I seen some threads w/99.9K (99,900.00 CL)

Can I shoot for an 90K limit on this card with my income? Any DP's with SIMILAR Income to mine would be appreciated in regards!!

(I have a 'special credit card offer' for you on my account when logged in for a white card, 15.99 APR Listed when clicked on; dont know if this is a pre-qualified offer or just marketing - side note)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA Exposure/Income

Yes, you can shoot for a $90K limit or $90K total exposure across more than 1 card.

If your special credit card offer shows up under Special Offers then it's normally a valid prequal and not just blanket marketing. Sometimes it's for a single card, occasionally they offer a prequal where you can select from 1 of several options presented. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a credit limit of 62K on one card, income near 192K total.

while searching the forums up I seen some threads w/99.9K (99,900.00 CL)

Can I shoot for an 90K limit on this card with my income? Any DP's with SIMILAR Income to mine would be appreciated in regards!!

(I have a 'special credit card offer' for you on my account when logged in for a white card, 15.99 APR Listed when clicked on; dont know if this is a pre-qualified offer or just marketing - side note)

Hi.  $99.9k (and $99.9 k AU) reporting in.  Smiley Happy

Really not sure where the cap is percentage-wise, but without substantial BOA/Merrill deposits you may find it difficult if not impossible to surpass $99.9k.  There's no harm in asking for more; they will give you reasons other than "depository balances" when you are good to ask again for more in the future without changing that.  Once you get that message, that's the end of the line otherwise.

If you have a BOA offer with a set APR, chances of approval should be rather high.  Just do keep in mind that BOA can and does automatically reallocate credit lines to open new accounts if you are at your current max revolving lines.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can try and see what it yields.  Obviously no guarantees, but CLI requests are SP.  BoA will limit their exposure on a variety of factors, not just income, which would apply even if you decide to pull the trigger on another CC product.

Message 4 of 5
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Another $99.9K total BofA credit exposure here. For context, I've been a banking deposit account and/or credit card customer for over 20 years.  The missing puzzle piece for me is what your relationship is with BofA beyond the one card.  They tend to reward relationship.  Last year, I targeted the Premium Rewards card by reopening banking deposit accounts and Merrill Edge accounts. I qualified for the Preferred Rewards program with some large deposits and was approved for the Premium Rewards card. It was only after that when BofA gave me total limits of $99.9K, and my income is higher than your profile.   I just asked for CLI last week and they approved it, but then I saw it was only a reallocation from my other card. I'm apparently at Max Exposure with them.  Getting beyond that $99.9K has appeared to require either very large assets on deposit or very heavy spending on existing high limits. 

I think they may go above your present limit but how much higher may depend on how much total business you're giving them. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.