Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Just graduated !!!

tag
freakyfico
Established Member

BofA Just graduated !!!

My 300 secured card Just graduated about 1 month ago, but I didnt get a Cli so I called today and was told If it didnt automatically get one than I would have to wait 6 mo. then call and try... That didnt sound right so I called back and talked to someone different and in like 2 min I got a 1000 dollar increase like no problem... No hard hit either :-) I guess it depends on who you talk to ??
EQ 689 TU 687 EX 654 Amex Business Platinum .... All I Need !!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA Just graduated !!!

Sometimes it pays to be persistant!   Good for you - congrats on your unsecured card!  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17
hopefulinde
Valued Member

How did you find out it unsecured?
Message 3 of 17
freakyfico
Established Member

I had received a letter in the mail telling me that I would get my deposit back in 14 days. Thats about all it said :-)
EQ 689 TU 687 EX 654 Amex Business Platinum .... All I Need !!

Message 4 of 17
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

did u app for another card and then get offered the secured or did you apply for the secured card outright? i'm considering the secured bc i have a prev bk (which did NOT include boa)just to get in the door i guess, also do they do a hard inquiry if you only apply for the secured card?
Message Edited by bamagirl1 on 12-09-2008 07:17 AM
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
did u app for another card and then get offered the secured or did you apply for the secured card outright? i'm considering the secured bc i have a prev bk (which did NOT include boa)just to get in the door i guess, also do they do a hard inquiry if you only apply for the secured card?

Not sure if you've already gotten your answer, but I have heard, not experienced, that you can't apply for the secured card.  I've heard you have to apply for an unsecured card and then get declined and offered the sercured BoA

Message 6 of 17
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Not sure if you've already gotten your answer, but I have heard, not experienced, that you can't apply for the secured card.  I've heard you have to apply for an unsecured card and then get declined and offered the sercured BoA

I think you are referring to the 99/500 card. You can apply for a BOA fully secured without apping for an unsecured card.

Message 7 of 17
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Congrats Freaky!
Message 8 of 17
ottergo4
Contributor

I agree with MsKiwi. Just go to their website where it will list the fully secured as a stand alone offer. The 99/500 from what I've heard is only offered after being declined for a regular unsecured, and is not offered to everyone. And yes there is a hard inquiry,mine and I think almost everyone else's was on EX.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the partially secured card (99/500) after being declined for the platinum plus card.  I would think if you apply for secured card it would give it to you, rather than offer you a better 99/500?   Not sure...
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.