Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Just graduated !!!

tag
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA Just graduated !!!

Congrats, Freaky! I'm waiting for my BoA 99/500 to become Unsecured as well. Good to know that if they don't give you a CLI you can just keep calling until they give you one Smiley Tongue

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 11 of 17
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

Fender, I had the same experience. I was declined for their Platinum Plus VISA and their AMEX card, and was counter-offered the 99/500 card.

Strangely enough they did not ask me to make a deposit or anything like that, and they didn't even charge the $99 on my card. I was always told that the 99/500 card required a $99 deposit for a $500 credit line, but they never asked me to give them any money so it's almost like getting a $500 unsecured card.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, that is very weird!  I wonder if they are going to give you $99 when you graduate????  It must be a mistake lol.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, i have never heard of an unsecured secured card prehaps you got the low limit card($500 limit $59 fee)
Message 14 of 17
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

Come to think of it, I think they did mention something about an anual fee around that figure... and that it would simply be charged to my account.

I wonder if they really did just give me the lowest limit on their Platinum VISA? I'll have to call them I guess... I spoke to so many employees at their branch trying to get this credit card straightened out after several screw-ups on their part, I would not put it past them to have given me the unsecured card but telling me it was the 99/500 secured card.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 15 of 17
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

Interesting... I just looked at my last Experian report (from a month and a half ago or so) and here's how it describes my cards:

PROVIDIAN (my now cancelled WaMu secured CC): "Credit Line Secured, Revolving"

BANK OF AMERICA (which I was told was a secured $99/500 but now having doubts...): "Credit Card - Revolving Terms"

SEARS/CBSD: "Revolving Charge Account"

Am I reading this right? It does not say anything on the description about it being a Secured account. Those of you who have the $99/500 does your Experian report describe your card in the same way as it's describing mine? I'm trying to figure if I actually have the 99/500 or if they gave me a normal unsecured card...

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 16 of 17
GFer
Valued Contributor

@Not_the_Point wrote:
Congrats, Freaky! I'm waiting for my BoA 99/500 to become Unsecured as well. Good to know that if they don't give you a CLI you can just keep calling until they give you one Smiley Tongue

Ditto! Big Congrats! I'm envious...Smiley Happy

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.