Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA PC?

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

BofA PC?

I'm looking at PCing my BoA Platinum Plus MasterCard into something more useful.  I have a couple of questions..

1. Soft or Hard pull or YMMV?

2. Will it affect my AAoA since my account is just being converted?

Thanks for any help!

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BofA PC?

@sakhalin070 wrote:

I'm looking at PCing my BoA Platinum Plus MasterCard into something more useful.  I have a couple of questions..

1. Soft or Hard pull or YMMV?

2. Will it affect my AAoA since my account is just being converted?

Thanks for any help!

1. Soft

2. No

Source: hundreds of people on this board that reported their PC experience with BofA Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the response!  Will I be able to do it online?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 3 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Yes, via online chat.

Sources: many people on this board have reported successful PC's via online chat.

Message 4 of 20
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

What he said above.

Not sure if he was being sarcastic or not on his last response but I got approved for a Bank of America product change (MasterCard World Points to AmeriCard Visa Signature) by contacting their online chat support.

Still waiting on the card to arrive.  Confirmed soft pull by representative as well as by pulling my credit reports.

Message 5 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

Well I guess online chat is still considered online ... Usually I think of that as in-person. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

^^^^ this is correct. Account history stays the same, takes about 45 days to get the new card.
Message 7 of 20
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

No.

Sources: no one has ever been able to do a PC for any credit/charge card from any lender online.

I PC'd online frrom Discover before.

And dang, 45 days?  I'm sure I can wait, I have other cards I plan on using.  I plan on PCing to the BankAmericard Travel Rewards.

Message 8 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

No.

Sources: no one has ever been able to do a PC for any credit/charge card from any lender online.

I PC'd online frrom Discover before.

Through online chat, right? I totally forgot that option was available - I only ever make changes to my account directly from the account page or on the phone. Cat Embarassed

Message 9 of 20
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Are you sure the account history stays the same if the card is converted from Mastercard to Visa?  A new account number would have to be generated.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.