Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Pre-approved offers

tag
williewonka
Valued Member

BofA Pre-approved offers

They ask for a social and it says "In order to pull your credit", however I've heard or seen that it is only a soft pull??? How is that if I don't already have an account with them? Can they do a soft pull on a non account holder?

Anybody know which BofA cards are easier to get? My scores are TU717 EQ735 and EX 740. I guess I'm skeptical  as I'm self employed, seems to be a hang up with some, even with a fairly deep credit history, no baddies though. I've been SE for almost 4 years. Any advice ? I'm thinking that I'll br moving in about 2 months, so I'm also trying to avoid having to explain being at my residence for less than 2 years- anybody know the ins and outs about residency? I'm keeping my home and buying another.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Pre-approved offers

You have good scores you should be able to get a card but if you apply for any new account you will get a Hard Pull.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Pre-approved offers

williewonka wrote:
They ask for a social and it says "In order to pull your credit", however I've heard or seen that it is only a soft pull??? How is that if I don't already have an account with them? Can they do a soft pull on a non account holder?

Anybody know which BofA cards are easier to get? My scores are TU717 EQ735 and EX 740. I guess I'm skeptical  as I'm self employed, seems to be a hang up with some, even with a fairly deep credit history, no baddies though. I've been SE for almost 4 years. Any advice ? I'm thinking that I'll br moving in about 2 months, so I'm also trying to avoid having to explain being at my residence for less than 2 years- anybody know the ins and outs about residency? I'm keeping my home and buying another.

I think with your scores and no baddies you'll be just fine with most of their cards. I don't have any clue on the amex requirements though.  I too am self-employed and have fallen victim to the prejudice that comes along with that. I think with 4 years though, you're pretty safe.  Also, if you have an incorporated business and you are the president, etc. you could list your official title and the business as your employer.

As far as residency goes, I have never had any issues as a result of moving, but if you are worried about, I'd apply now while you can still say you've been at the same place for 4 years.

Good luck.

Oh and the preapproval on their site really is just a soft as far as I have ever heard. OF course once you actually apply, it will be a hard pull.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-01-2008 03:17 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved offers

WAMU seems to be forgiving.  My discharge was 09/07.  I recently received one of the preapproved solicitations. I took a chance because my scores are 589/635/680.  I was shocked when I got back an approval in 30 seconds with a credit line of $2500.  Of course the interest rate insn't that great at 19.9%, however, I was extended a 0% balance transfer rate good until 09/09.  I don't really have any balances to transfer because I have been staying as far away from credit as I could after my BK Chap 7.  But it'd a start and at least if I have an emergency I now have something to use.  I will pay this on time every month because I want to get my credit re-established.  I am just happy I didn't have to start with a secured card with like $300 credit line.  I may apply for one more card and that will be it.  I am not trying to return from whence I came just trying to get back in life's game.
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pre-approved offers

the pre-approval site is there for the exact reason of not wasting a hard pull if they arn't going to give you a card.  I would do the pre-approval, if you get offerred something, most likely you will get it and should apply for what's offerred
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.