Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Promo Balance Transfer offers for current customers

tag
jason10
New Contributor

BofA Promo Balance Transfer offers for current customers

Last month I paid off my remaining BofA CC balance. I requested and was granted a CLI from $3900 to $5000. My statement hit yesterday, and I was offered two promotional offers - 0% through Jan 2012 w/ 3% bal transfer fee and 1.99% through April 2012 w/ a 3% bal transfer fee. My non-promotional APR is 13.24%.

Has anyone else seen these offers when they login to their BofA account? I've also been receiving daily Discover More offers (I've gotten the 12 month 0%, no balance transfer fee; 24 month w/ 4% fee(?), 18 month with 3% fee, and a 15 month with 3% fee). It's amusing that I'm getting barraged with these offers now that I don't need to transfer balances, because I've paid off most of my CC debt. :-D

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Promo Balance Transfer offers for current customers

@jason10 wrote:

Last month I paid off my remaining BofA CC balance. I requested and was granted a CLI from $3900 to $5000. My statement hit yesterday, and I was offered two promotional offers - 0% through Jan 2011 w/ 3% bal transfer fee and 1.99% through April 2011 w/ a 3% bal transfer fee. My non-promotional APR is 13.24%.

Has anyone else seen these offers when they login to their BofA account? I've also been receiving daily Discover More offers (I've gotten the 12 month 0%, no balance transfer fee; 24 month w/ 4% fee(?), 18 month with 3% fee, and a 15 month with 3% fee). It's amusing that I'm getting barraged with these offers now that I don't need to transfer balances, because I've paid off most of my CC debt. :-D

I think you mean through 2012 on these.  But anywho, I get these offers all the time and they are usually accompanied with a plethora of BT checks in the mail.  I have one now at 0% through December 2011 with BofA, 3 BT offers from Citi, 1 from Chase, 1 from US Bank, 1 from Discover.  I never use them and usually shred 'em.  And I do agree, it is rather amusing.  If I every would use one of them it would definitely be from Citi...they seem to LOVE people using BTs.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 2 of 6
dpk12000
Established Member

I've seen it too.  They've actually lowered the promotional rate for me twice in the last three weeks.  It started out as a 7.99% APR through September 2011, and then they lowered it to 4.99% through January 2012, and finally 0% through January 2012 (all with a 4% balance transfer fee).  What sucks is that I did transfer $1,400 to the card when I had the 4.99% offer, only to log on yesterday morning to see that they were now offering the 0% rate.  It's only about $6 a month in interest, so it's not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to have the lower rate obviously.  I too have paid off a lot of CC debt recently, so I guess it's nice that they noticed.

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

i guess bank of america has noticed we haven't used our card in a long time, so they just started with the balance transfer offers.  right now i believe it's 0% through december 2011.  our regular interest rate is 7.9%.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never se any offers from city.

Message 5 of 6
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

i guess bank of america has noticed we haven't used our card in a long time, so they just started with the balance transfer offers.  right now i believe it's 0% through december 2011.  our regular interest rate is 7.9%.

Funny you said this. I just got a letter from them yesterday wondering why I haven't been using their card (kinda funny because I just booked a mini vacation for my hubbys upcoming b-day). They asked that I call them if I had any questions or if they could do something for me.

But no- I don't think I received any balance transfer offers other than my initial one when I got the card in December.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.