Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA REAL Backdoor # ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA REAL Backdoor # ???

This is very odd ... in september I was denied a BofA Cash Rewards card and immediately got connected to analysts who did a full recon via phone (still denied).  . I used the # in the Backdoor Threads.  Today I was approved for a BofA Alaska Air card, but a lower limit than I would like by far...AMEX has approved me for $14,000 on 2 cards last week .. I want this card for travel expenses and I use Alaska quite a bit ...

Now when I call these lines I am hold forever and the rep who finally comes on says they can only put in for an increase -- this sounds much more like front line CSRs.  I'm lost as last time they pulled me right up, did a recon and that was that.  Am I missing something ? Does anyone have the line directly to an analyst?  Did BofA change something?  or, is this how they "recon" limits at BofA -- by running a HP 15 mins after the last one?!!

Anyone?  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA REAL Backdoor # ???

@Anonymous wrote:

This is very odd ... in september I was denied a BofA Cash Rewards card and immediately got connected to analysts who did a full recon via phone (still denied).  . I used the # in the Backdoor Threads.  Today I was approved for a BofA Alaska Air card, but a lower limit than I would like by far...AMEX has approved me for $14,000 on 2 cards last week .. I want this card for travel expenses and I use Alaska quite a bit ...

Now when I call these lines I am hold forever and the rep who finally comes on says they can only put in for an increase -- this sounds much more like front line CSRs.  I'm lost as last time they pulled me right up, did a recon and that was that.  Am I missing something ? Does anyone have the line directly to an analyst?  Did BofA change something?  or, is this how they "recon" limits at BofA -- by running a HP 15 mins after the last one?!!

Anyone?  

What number did you call? I have always been able to get to an analyst using the numbers post on here. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Senior Analyst line and the Recon #. Makes no sense. They are definitely CSRs

888-221-6282 and the other. Very different experience from September
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it is recognizing my number now as a current card holder ? No idea
Message 4 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Try calling from a dif phone #?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. They say I need the Aquisitions line
Message 6 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I feel stupid for asking but what is the "Aquisitions line"?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, BOA tends to change their direct lines to UW/analysts on a frequent basis.  I've never had an issue getting to someone directly but I was provided with a direct extension (just in case) since I don't have to contact them that often.  That being said, you can try those numbers and see if you can request for an analyst to re-review the request again or see if you can be transferred to one. 

Message 8 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

(866) 811-4108
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.