Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Reporting - Is this right????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Reporting - Is this right????

Hello everyone,

I was approved for a BofA credit card in April.  It started reporting on credit reports within 2 days. I called today to see when my due date was and I was told that my statement date is May 20th and my due date is June 9th.  I also asked the rep if I paid off my balance ($50) BEFORE the statement date, will they report a zero balance...she told me that they report the average usage of the card quarterly and not the amount at the end of the statement...

Does this make sense to anyone, because I am completely confused!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Reporting - Is this right????

I have had a BoA Visa for years.  They report the ending balance each month, exactly, not any average and not quarterly.  When I pay my balance off prior to the statement cut date, it reports a zero balance.  So I don't think the CSR gave you accurate info, unless you have some type of account I am not familiar with.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks txjohn,

What the rep told me made no sense to me!  I kept asking her "Are you sure"?  "None of my other cards report that way" and she just kept saying the same thing!  I think she gave me headache!  I kept thinking...how can I keep my utilization % down if they keep reporting my average usage!

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Bless the hearts of CSR's; they seem completely incapable of saying "I don't know."

What she said does not match anything that I have ever heard about BofA. I pay my balance off 3 days before the statement date, and it always reports $0. DD#2 pays off a big chunk several days before the statement date, and it always reports whatever the remaining balance is.

For all the occasional squirrelly behavior by BofA, one thing you can count on is their reporting pattern.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hauling!

I am slowing stepping away from the bottle of Tylenol! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.