cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

tag
Mike11208
New Contributor

BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

So I opened the card with 500 I thought it would be enough but because of the Cash Back I am spending nearly 1500 dollars a month on the card already I am PIF before the statement cuts and paying multiple times through out the month. 

Today I decide to increase the limit to 700 (why 700 and not 1000 I don;t want to go to crazy) using funds from my savings account to fund the increase. 

I could not find the link to increase the limit in the information tab (I seen it before but when the card was changed to Cash Rewards it disappeared)

So I use the online chat, and request the increase. They ask me my annual salary, how much I pay rent my employer etc. Are they going to do a HP? I didn't bother to ask and now I am worried. He said it will take 5 to 7 days to process the request and if approved the funds would be deducted. U haven;t received any alerts from Identity Guard yet saying I have had my credit checked but I am just wondering if this is going to be a HP or a SP. 

Thanks,  

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: BofA Secure Credit Card CLI Request is it a HP?

Bank of america is HP

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes hp. How long have you had the card? If at least 5, 6 months I would have used that hp to unsecure with a cli potentially pretty high instead of a $200 increase.

Message 3 of 32
Mike11208
New Contributor

I should have done my reserach first, but I was getting annoyed by the constant paying it off. 

Message 4 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

I totally understand. How long have you had it?
Message 5 of 32
Mike11208
New Contributor

2 months Smiley Sad 

Message 6 of 32
newhis
Valued Contributor

I made the mistake to open the secured card with only $500 (hp), then asked to deposit $500 more and it was another (hp). I can see the 'Request a credit line increase' online. I only have 3 statements and the next closes by the end of the month.

I was thinking to deposit 3x for another HP, but some people here say that is not worth it, when my card unsecure I should get a CLI.

Message 7 of 32
Mike11208
New Contributor

Yeah, had I known it was a HP (I should have asked you guys first) I would of not requested it and just waited it out. Oh well you iive you learn. I hope they use the HP they did on me 2 weeks ago when I opened my bank account. 

Message 8 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

Hang in there folks. It is well worth it. I went from $300 secured December to $10k unsecured now.
Message 9 of 32
Mike11208
New Contributor

Maybe they will make it worth the HP now and give me a 9,500 CLI and my 500 dollars back Smiley Happy I can dream 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.