Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Secured Card... Or no?

tag
tvandine
Contributor

BofA Secured Card... Or no?

Applied for the Cash rewards card throught BofA, didn't get it. So i get a counter for the secured card at a limit i pick with the money i deposit of course. Who wants to do that? I threw it away. The next week, same thing... This week, secured card, deposit $99 for $500... So what's next week? Should i wait it out, i don't really need or want it but the addiction continues. As you can see in my sig... SO has anyone had any lower offers? Like $49 for $500? 

THANKS

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
tvandine
Contributor

Re: BofA Secured Card... Or no?

Message 2 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

No that is their bottom line on secured cards. in other words. their best. offer.

I would take it . because it can easily graduate in 6 months with ontime payments. and the sky is the limit after that,

Looking at your siggy. it is better than all those store cards you got. I am surprised with all those low limits.

if you got all that since may. I think it is time for you to run to the garden. asap. until you start getting credit limit increases on the cards you currently have.

Then you will realize that maybe you overdid it a bit. Must ask yourself. will you actually use all those cards. Will be hard. only so much spending a person can do. Congrats. on approvals. but slow pace your self.

Message 3 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Your scores dont really reflect the types of cards you have. Why do you have so many store cards?? You already took the HP and if 99 bucks is not a big deal to you i would take the offer. I would also look into closing some of the store cards. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 13
tvandine
Contributor

I shop at those stores, now there is a few things that may get closed, i don't use them anymore, and haven't decided to keep for availible credit, or close and chalk it up, Fingerhut, First Premier, Bannana Republic, are on the chopping block! Now as for the rest, i like a good variety of cards to choose from, mind you they are always paid in full, for some logical reason i can't let a balance post, i just can't let it sit inside me that i owe money somewhere! I'll have to overthink the BofA card. I like it, but then again, i don't like paying for a card? Just can't get that concept! I'll figure it out, hopefully they send another one!

Message 5 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The 99/500 is their best secured offer BTW.. Less someone corrects me.. And has a good history of graduation... Think you can add rewards to it even. You took the HP.... It's worth the 99$
Message 6 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@tvandine wrote:

I shop at those stores, now there is a few things that may get closed, i don't use them anymore, and haven't decided to keep for availible credit, or close and chalk it up, Fingerhut, First Premier, Bannana Republic, are on the chopping block! Now as for the rest, i like a good variety of cards to choose from, mind you they are always paid in full, for some logical reason i can't let a balance post, i just can't let it sit inside me that i owe money somewhere! I'll have to overthink the BofA card. I like it, but then again, i don't like paying for a card? Just can't get that concept! I'll figure it out, hopefully they send another one!

Your not paying for the card. Your just locking up 99 bucks  for a year or so then getting it back. Just think of it as a savings account that you cant touch. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well that's the problem. You are not paying for the card. They need to see your history with them. In fact you get you 99 dollars back in 6 months. The purpose of the forum is not what we like and dislike. But what is best in the credit world. You asked we answered. Good you don't so balances. But for score sake. You need to leave small balance in 1 card. Let state show it. Then pay it. I would have no problem leaving small deposit like that. 99 bucks nowadays is very small. They could say we need the whole 500.
Message 8 of 13
One7
Valued Contributor

Yes take the offer and then garden. Within a year you'll have the $99 dollars back and the card will unsecure leaving you with a great prime card. It'll open the doors for the better cards you want in the future.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 9 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You have a First Premier and are annoyed at the low cost of a Boa secured card with the 99/500 offer? Eyeroll
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.