Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Student Platinum Plus Visa for over 4 years, and still at $1k limit

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA Student Platinum Plus Visa for over 4 years, and still at $1k limit

Either PC into BofA Travel Rewards, or get a card from Capital One. All Capital One CC charge no FTF.

And PayPal reward sucks. I assumed you are interested in PayPal card because you shop at ebay often?

Message 11 of 15
delf
Established Member

So here's how it went down...

BoA branch agent said there was no such thing as a product change without creating a new account (dated 2012).  After all the stuff read here, I could not believe this. 

I proceeded ON THE PHONE to turn my student platinum plus into a Travel Rewards, remove the guarenteur, and continue with CL building ventures....

I first apped with AMEX BCE, then Walmart Discover, then called BoA for a CLI on the newly changed card. 

When is the next scheduled garden meeting?  61 days?!   Thank you for your advices!

Message 12 of 15
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

I was stuck with a 400 limit for 3 years as well with a BoA Platinum Plus Secured.   I called later on for a product change. Limit was upped to 2500.  Called later on again to have limit increased to 5000.  It got PC'd to Cash Rewards and the annual fee was maintained Smiley Sad  They said, they could not waive it and instead I should apply for a no annual fee card instead.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 13 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@delf wrote:

So here's how it went down...

BoA branch agent said there was no such thing as a product change without creating a new account (dated 2012).  After all the stuff read here, I could not believe this. 

I proceeded ON THE PHONE to turn my student platinum plus into a Travel Rewards, remove the guarenteur, and continue with CL building ventures....

I first apped with AMEX BCE, then Walmart Discover, then called BoA for a CLI on the newly changed card. 

When is the next scheduled garden meeting?  61 days?!   Thank you for your advices!

Sorry so what happened with apps? I assume approval, but what cl did you get on new cards and cli on bofa?
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 15
delf
Established Member

Crashem wrote:

Sorry so what happened with apps? I assume approval, but what cl did you get on new cards and cli on bofa?

I got product change no problem.  Had to talk to another guy who put the guarenteur removal through.

Called later with the backdoor number (thanks to the forum) and got the guarenteur removed and limit upped from 1k to 2k

Analysts suggestion was to pay way more than the minimums, even PIF is possible, and try back in 4-6 months to get another review for CLI after they see how I use the account on my own with the higher limit.

I am not sure of my interest rate, used to be 14.24% I think.

AMEX BCE Online gave me "14 day by mail" message, we will let you know.  I checked the app status page a couple minutes later and showed, "Approved, will ship in 7-10 days."
I am not sure of the CL on this one, also in the dark of what interest rate I got.  Is there a number to call?

Walmart instantly approved Discover card with limit of 1.8k.  

I am happy.  I spent weeks combing through the posts on the forum, trying to figure out where I stood and how I could improve my chances of attaining future credit.  Thank you for all your sharing and suggestions.  It feels good getting apps done in one day.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.