Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA apparently doesn't want my money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA apparently doesn't want my money

Veteran BofA'ers:

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find it.

How do I pay my CC online if I don't have a BofA checking account?

Why do they make it so hard to give them my money?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BofA apparently doesn't want my money

It took a while for it to be established with my account, and I knew how to pay, since DH had a card and no other accounts. So it might not be there yet.

Log into your account. Once you're on the Accounts Overview page (check the white tab on the second row of tabs), click on the tiny link to the right of your account name that says "View options." On this second screen, you should see your balance and another tiny link below them that says "Pay now." Now you're on the Pay Bills screen.

It should name your account again and say "no e-bills due now." Find the third tiny link on this screen that says "Pay," and it should take you to a page where you can set up your payment info.

If any of these links aren't there, it might be that they just haven't got you set up yet. It seems like I needed to wait for something to happen before I could pay; quite possibly the first statement had to drop. HTH
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, HTSU.

I can get as far as the "Pay now" link under "View Options", and when I click that, I see this:
You do not currently have an account that allows you to use Bill Pay. In order to use Bill Pay you must have a Bank of America checking or Money Manager account. To open an account, please call1.800.932.2265.

That's why I thought they were insisting that I have a BofA checking account just to pay my CC online.  I guess I'll just phone in my first payment and then hope I get that "third tiny link" you mentioned by the time I'm ready to make my next payment.

Message 3 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay my BofA CC through my Wachovia checking account online billpay. It's always worked pretty quick for me, 1-2 days to post and I don't have to worry about checks.
Message 4 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

PatronHeel wrote:
I pay my BofA CC through my Wachovia checking account online billpay. It's always worked pretty quick for me, 1-2 days to post and I don't have to worry about checks.

I'm glad that works for you.  I refuse to use Billpay of any kind, so I'm looking for a way to pay online from the BofA site.

I want to pull the payment rather than push it.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-04-2008 07:46 AM
Message 5 of 48
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Dang, I know I did something, and I didn't mail in a payment. And I didn't have to wait for the first statement, because I just checked, and I show an electronic payment the day before the statement dropped.

Research time...

edit to add: OK, just looked on my bank account, and I show one and only one bill pay to BofA, and it's this one. I've made numerous payments since then from the BofA site, and they don't show, so this must be one that in fact I did push from my USAA site as a one-time deal. The balance posted the next day, and from that point on, I could pay from the BofA site ("pulling"), which I also prefer. HTH

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-04-2008 07:52 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 48
Scamp
Valued Contributor

cheddar wrote:

I'm looking for a way to pay online from the BofA site.

I want to pull the payment rather than push it.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-04-2008 07:46 AM

Cheddar, I was able to pay on-line without Billpay, pulling rather than pushing, for my first payment last month (I think) - but I'm danged if I can remember how, now, and I also now have a BofA checking acct., so I'm not sure I can remind myself how it was done.

I think I just hunted around on the site for a FAQ about paying online without a BofA acct., and was able to go from there - on there trying to find it myself for you, right now.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 48
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Ah HA!!:

Found it -

Quote from BofA's Help pages about CC accts:

How can I make a payment to my credit card from a Bank of America account or another financial institution?

3. Online

To pay your Credit Card from a Bank of America checking or savings account, go to the Make Transfer tab in Online Banking and follow the directions to transfer money to your credit card.

To pay your Credit Card from another financial institution, visit MyEasyPayment to submit a payment online. You will need to provide the following information online:

• Credit Card #
  • Last name as it appears on Card
  • Last 4 digits of your SSN
  • City and zip code of where your statement is mailed to
  • ABA / Routing Number of non Bank of America financial institution
  • Account Number of non Bank of America financial institution

(edited to add bold formatting on some text and:  I was able to pay with my debit card acct. #, this way)

(edited AGAIN to add:  Rats - wait a minute; this might not be the way I did it!  This sounds like one of those push-through methods, now that I look at it more closely.  Sorry, Cheddar!  I know I managed what you're talking about, though; nose around in Help and FAQ's about CC accts.)

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 05-04-2008 07:56 AM

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 05-04-2008 07:59 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, scapegrace, for finding that for me!

I wonder why I wasn't able to find that myself. Smiley Tongue

I do have a link on the "Customer Service" tab that says "Pay from another financial institution," but when I click it I get the same message about not having an account eligible for BillPay!

Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous that a bank that size doesn't just let me do a simple ACH pull-through payment instead of having to use one of those external Billpay services.

If that's the case, I guess I'll just have to phone in my payment every month.

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm. What is Push/Pull? I've been using bill pay for about 7 years.
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.