Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA closed my CC..

tag
Guinness
Contributor

BofA closed my CC..

So BofA closed my Visa yesterday CL was my lowest at $1,000 used only to pay a recuring charge of $20 a month.  When I called them yesterday they told me the account was closed due to aggressive credit seeking and high credit available (both true).  So now I am worried other creditor will see the the AA by BofA and do the same thing.  My current Util is 12% available credit appox $140k.  Credit score 698 EQ,  745 TU, 744 EX.   Income $160k.  Well its a wake up call.  Banking with BofA for 15+years with checking, savings and investments.  Going to go through some of my cards and decide which ones I want to keep Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA closed my CC..

I'm sorry to hear that.

Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guinness wrote:

So BofA closed my Visa yesterday CL was my lowest at $1,000 used only to pay a recuring charge of $20 a month.  When I called them yesterday they told me the account was closed due to aggressive credit seeking and high credit available (both true).  So now I am worried other creditor will see the the AA by BofA and do the same thing.  My current Util is 12% available credit appox $140k.  Credit score 698 EQ,  745 TU, 744 EX.   Income $160k.  Well its a wake up call.  Going to go through some of my cards and decide which ones I want to keep Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear.  Seems to be happening with a lot of different creditors

Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guinness wrote:

So BofA closed my Visa yesterday CL was my lowest at $1,000 used only to pay a recuring charge of $20 a month.  When I called them yesterday they told me the account was closed due to aggressive credit seeking and high credit available (both true).  So now I am worried other creditor will see the the AA by BofA and do the same thing.  My current Util is 12% available credit appox $140k.  Credit score 698 EQ,  745 TU, 744 EX.   Income $160k.  Well its a wake up call.  Going to go through some of my cards and decide which ones I want to keep Smiley Sad

@Guinness,

Sorry to hear that.  It seems all the banks are doing this lately.

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

@Guinness,

Sorry to hear that.  It seems all the banks are doing this lately.

Copycat 😄

Message 5 of 44
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Wow.  So many different situations with different outcomes and scenarios.

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irish80,

I think you beat me by a second... He..He..HeSmiley Tongue

Message 7 of 44
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

So BofA closed my Visa yesterday CL was my lowest at $1,000 used only to pay a recuring charge of $20 a month.  When I called them yesterday they told me the account was closed due to aggressive credit seeking and high credit available (both true).  So now I am worried other creditor will see the the AA by BofA and do the same thing.  My current Util is 12% available credit appox $140k.  Credit score 698 EQ,  745 TU, 744 EX.   Income $160k.  Well its a wake up call.  Banking with BofA for 15+years with checking, savings and investments.  Going to go through some of my cards and decide which ones I want to keep Smiley Sad

If you don't mind me asking, since you're making $160,000.00 why would you carry a balance of $17,000.00 on credit cards?

Message 8 of 44
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Ups....sorry to hear. Looks like I could be next?  153K available CL with less than half of your income and the last two accounts just reported. Just hope it will not be Chase or Barclays. 

Message 9 of 44
happypill
Valued Contributor

It just seems like such a weird move for them to close a card with $1000 CL.  How much does that actually protect them, especially when you have $140k total CL?  Doesn't seem like anyone would max out then default on $1k when they have so much available credit.

Anyhow, sorry for the bad luck OP.  It appears everyone needs to tread lightly right now.  I wonder if the lenders are adjusting their risk models or their portfolios.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.