Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA partially secured (99/500) card early graduation and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA partially secured (99/500) card early graduation and CLI

Hello all,

BofA has just graduated my partially secured CC (aka the 99/500 card), right after the 10th statement cut. They have also increased the credit line to $2,000. I'm assuming this is all with a SP since I did not ask for anything.

I have been using the card quite a bit, especially in the last 5 months – $700 charged per month on average, with a payment every week to bring down the balance to $0.

Hope this will be of use to those of us who went this route for building and rebuilding.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: BofA partially secured (99/500) card early graduation and CLI

Congrats!! Cat Very Happy   I have one of those too but it's only been opened since August. I can't wait for mine to graduate.....I run through quite a bit and pay weekly like you do. That is a nice limit they gave you!!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

BofA has just graduated my partially secured CC (aka the 99/500 card), right after the 10th statement cut. They have also increased the credit line to $2,000. I'm assuming this is all with a SP since I did not ask for anything.

I have been using the card quite a bit, especially in the last 5 months – $700 charged per month on average, with a payment every week to bring down the balance to $0.

Hope this will be of use to those of us who went this route for building and rebuilding.

This is great news!  Congrats on reaping the early fruits of your efforts!

Way to go!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! I was going to say it was unusual to 4x the credit limit after graduation, but then I saw you had a card with a near 5k limit already Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, that is great news! Congrats. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 9
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Anyone have info on this card? Scores needed? Any bad information you had on credit when you applied?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Unoriginalnj wrote:
Anyone have info on this card? Scores needed? Any bad information you had on credit when you applied?
I had no baddies, no. And no credit history either, since it is the first card I got upon arrival to the US.

From what I have learned in these forums, you cannot apply for this card directly. You can only get it as a counteroffer from BofA after they have denied you a regular CC.
Message 7 of 9
GABrown
New Contributor

congrats!!! How exciting!!!! Got mine in October and have been paying it down every week as well...I added the Cash Rewards program to it and i love it...I have nothing bad to say about BofA!!!
Message 8 of 9
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Any information on your scores and any derogatory info on your reports? May help others considering the card.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.