cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa 99/500 Secured - unsecures at 5th stmt but no cli?

tag
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Bofa 99/500 Secured - unsecures at 5th stmt but no cli?

So a couple days before my fifth statement (which seems to be the earliest time when the 99/500 secured card graduates) the CLI link popped up in my account for the first time. I clicked it and asked for CLI to $3k and submitted. Nothing happened for a couple days and then I noticed 99$ deposited into my linked Bofa Checking account - which presumably means it's unsecured. 

I've been hoping that there'd be a CLI attached to it unsecuring since it seems to be the case for most ppl at this stage, but no CLI showing yet. It's been about 10 days so i think it's safe to say no CLI is coming soon...no letter or any other correspondence saying anything re unsecuring or cli has shown up. 

Anyone else had this experience? All my searches came up with that when it unsecures you get a CLI (some were very modest, but at least something). I'm thankful for the unsecuring, just was hoping for some CLI. This 500$ card is my lowest limit by about 2k now. 

Also, does anyone know if this particular bofa card is bucketed (a la cap one cards)? 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bofa 99/500 Secured - unsecures at 5th stmt but no cli?

Unfortunately, an auto-CLI is not contingent upon the card becoming unsecured in a variety of situations.  It really depends on your overall profile and internal data with BoA.

Just like most credit products in the marketplace, tranches (or buckets if you will) exist.  The only way you'll know about it (to some extent), is based on its growth (or lack thereof) during the lifecycle of your account.

I suppose the celebratory part of this is that at least it graduated Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bofa will mail out a response to your CLI request regardless if it's approved or not - just wait for it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IodineNightSky wrote:

So a couple days before my fifth statement (which seems to be the earliest time when the 99/500 secured card graduates) the CLI link popped up in my account for the first time. I clicked it and asked for CLI to $3k and submitted. Nothing happened for a couple days and then I noticed 99$ deposited into my linked Bofa Checking account - which presumably means it's unsecured. 

I've been hoping that there'd be a CLI attached to it unsecuring since it seems to be the case for most ppl at this stage, but no CLI showing yet. It's been about 10 days so i think it's safe to say no CLI is coming soon...no letter or any other correspondence saying anything re unsecuring or cli has shown up. 

Anyone else had this experience? All my searches came up with that when it unsecures you get a CLI (some were very modest, but at least something). I'm thankful for the unsecuring, just was hoping for some CLI. This 500$ card is my lowest limit by about 2k now. 

Also, does anyone know if this particular bofa card is bucketed (a la cap one cards)? 

You can call in ask about your credit limit increase.  Mine unsecured at 5 months and I did like you did and clicked the CLI button. .  And then I called in when the increase didn't happen.  They increased my limit to 1k.  I closed the card at 11 months and applied for the Premium Rewards and got a 25k limit. 

Message 4 of 6
niecy357
Valued Member

Im on my 9th month with BOA partial secured and the CLI link appeared at the 5th month. I called in this week to get my card unsecured and was denied. The rep was reading all these negatives, which none applied to me. I told her that is untrue, I have never been late my TU is 685 no lates, high utilization but good clean report.(BOA never pulled my CR) The rep was stunned when I told her the information is incorrect please research why my card will not graduate. She put me on hold came back well 2008...I knew exactly what she was speaking of charge off for 8,000.00 so Im blacklisted? I asked the rep will I graduate or am I blacklisted? She said time will tell ok yes it will if it doesn't unsecure in June at the year mark, I will close it. I have Mlife, Discover, Amex(stuck at 2,500

since CLD in 2008, may close soon),Macys, Target, Walmart, Paypal MC, Nordstrom, Capital One QS, Capital one Platinum(closing soon to combine) and Credit One (2 years close in June). I need to clean house.

Message 5 of 6
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

The BoA 99/500 card is obviously their “Rebuilder Card” which is a bucketed account. Meaning, it has little to no room for CL growth. The best and probably only approach with them is to apply for a new card from them after a year and close the old one then combine the limits, provided of course that profile warrants an approval.
I had a 99/500 card in 2015. It unsecured in about 6 months. CLI denied after a year even with good profile. App’d and approved for a BoA CR in 2016 then closed and combined CLs for $2.5K total. It now sits at $20K and that luv button has been staring at me seducing me for months now! Lol!
I haven’t asked for a CLI since Aug of last year 2018. It’s already waay more than I need and can justify with usage and also wanna avoid a possible “Too much available credit” denial in the future.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.