Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Secured Card

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Bofa Secured Card

Hello Fourm Just Wanted To Say This Fourm Helped Me And Wanted To Know I Have A Bofa Secured And Have $300 Limt In Feb-21-2012 They Review My Account And I Was Thinking I Should $300 More To Be Total Of $600 Credit Limt And It Will Help With My Credit Report I Think Should I Are No.

I Paid Off My Macy's Express And Cap1 My Score Jump 79 points 656 Now
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Bofa Secured Card

Raising your CL will help your utilization and encourage future creditors to give you a higher initial credit limit. So I'd say go for it. Beware that BofA may give you a hard pull, so if you're planning on applying for a new CC or loan soon, that'd be one more thing to take into account.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bofa Secured Card

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Hello Fourm Just Wanted To Say This Fourm Helped Me And Wanted To Know I Have A Bofa Secured And Have $300 Limt In Feb-21-2012 They Review My Account And I Was Thinking I Should $300 More To Be Total Of $600 Credit Limt And It Will Help With My Credit Report I Think Should I Are No.

I Paid Off My Macy's Express And Cap1 My Score Jump 79 points 656 Now

I wouldn't bother; BOFA has been pretty good about raising the CL's to above $600 (more like $1000) on the vast majority of graduations over the past year in similar situations to yours.  

This is reinforced that you'll likely be able to graduate in 2/13; I increased my deposit from $2K to 5K with roughly 4 months to go, and they put my limit at $2500 at graduation so it won't necessarily make any difference (or much of one in my case) on your future CL.  I'd do something else with the money in this case.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.