Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Letter from Citi

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Bonus Letter from Citi

Not to rub it in the faces of people who are having trouble applying for the Citi Forward, but I got a nice letter from Citi today about my Forward:

"Dear sengpatt,

Thank you for using your Citi Forward Card. We're doing even more to get you the rewards you want. Start earning 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on travel purchases at hotels, airlines, car rental agencies and cruise lines, even if you book through a travel agency or online. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!"

I don't know if CCCs have access to this kind of information, but I just PCd my old BofA card to the Travel Rewards card, so I wonder if they're trying to poach me away from BofA. Either way, I'm not complaining!

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Bonus Letter from Citi

I wonder why you got different categories than I did.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 20
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Received my Letter today.

Start earning 5 Thank You Points per $1.00 spent on retail purchases at electronics and computer, clothing and accessory,toy and department stores.

Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13

Message 3 of 20
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone's forward visa changed to visa signature? Received notice new cards were coming and when I received the card it was now a signature visa. Definitely dont need another signature visa.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I wonder why you got different categories than I did.

So what were yours, same as cleanmachines or another set?  Wonder how they choose, if it based on previous purchase or just random.

Message 5 of 20
jla84
Regular Contributor

I haven't gotten any of these new 5 points categories! I want them! I wonder if it's because I'm carrying a balance right now to take advantage of a 0% APR promo offer? 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 20
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

My categories are groceries, gas, drugstores, and commuter travel.

ETA: I am also carrying a balance at 0% so that isn't necessarily it. I havent used the card in a while and i think the letter said something about that. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
PHILYMIC
Valued Member

@Walt_K wrote:

My categories are groceries, gas, drugstores, and commuter travel.

ETA: I am also carrying a balance at 0% so that isn't necessarily it. I havent used the card in a while and i think the letter said something about that. 

My letter came today with these categories as well, up to 2,500 in points...

My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 8 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

On mine, the categories are Dining, Groceries, Shopping and Travel.  But, only up to 2,500 additional.

Message 9 of 20
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

On mine, the categories are Dining, Groceries, Shopping and Travel.  But, only up to 2,500 additional.

Do you have the Forward as well? I wasn't sure since the Forward already get 5% on dining. I would certainly not turn down 10% though.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.