tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Booking w/ AA Miles Experience...Disappointing

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Frustrated Wish I had known my area was an issue months ago. Ah well I'm blessed to be traveling at all no point in dwelling on the past Smiley Happy Will tough it out in my non reclining seats with a smile and positive attitude. Mostly

What do you mean non-reclining seats? 

Row 13 doesn't recline on any of my flights. Isn't that fabulous? Smiley Indifferent I checked the seating chart on Seatguru and then confirmed it with an AA rep. I'm a little person so not really a big deal. I don't believe I've ever used the recline option on a flight now that I think about it. But for someone else it might be an issue. So rows 8-12 weren't available, most were grayed out bc they are main cabin seats which are off limits to moi. It was either Row 13 or Row 20 and beyond.

Must be the first exit row then. At check in you might see a lot of other seats open up. Make sure you check in at the first possible minute (24 hours before departure) 

Might even be able to get a good deal on a first class upgrade =] 

Will do Smiley Happy Thanks

Message 21 of 78
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Honestly this is why I love JetBlue! I mean there's lots of reasons but this is a big one. Miles redemption is easy and painless. I also love to travel to the Careibean and there's no better carrier to get there than JetBlue. Tons of non stop flight out of JFK and any of the other airports they serve can get you to JFK for the transfer. I suppose if your out of the west coast this would not be ideal but still better than American with their no other option than the overnight layover in Miami.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 22 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Honestly this is why I love JetBlue! I mean there's lots of reasons but this is a big one. Miles redemption is easy and painless. I also love to travel to the Careibean and there's no better carrier to get there than JetBlue. Tons of non stop flight out of JFK and any of the other airports they serve can get you to JFK for the transfer. I suppose if your out of the west coast this would not be ideal but still better than American with their no other option than the overnight layover in Miami.

Jetblue is my fave airline Smiley Very Happy I actually checked with them for this trip but it was weird. I found departing flights but no returns listed. I think my location is cursed lol

Message 23 of 78
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jeff532003 wrote:

JetBlue points have fixed value though, even with their "mint business" class, they still don't really have business class/ first class

Compared to AA, Delta, and United, it's pretty much standard, but the true value of AA, Delta, and United miles comes out with partners. Foreign airlines business/first class is FAR superior and can sometimes be a STEAL. 

Message 24 of 78
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Heavenly Flower- It all depends on what airport your flying into. Some are not daily service so you have to check and see what days the planes come in and out. For instance the Samana airport in DR they only fly in on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I had the same issue you did and was scratching my head until I found this out.

JSUcool- It all depends what's important to you. The service in "coach" on JetBlue is better than I've had in buisness class on a legacy carrier and the leg room and TV in every seat is just fine with me over a higher level cabin. If someone is difficult to please I could see this being an issue. Also I find the fixed value to be a better deal almost always simply because the initial cost of a JetBlue flight is usually so much better to start with than a legacy carrier. It all depends what's important to you but to the OP and from what they where describing it seems JB might be a better choice in airline for them to consider. Also with the new card coming from Barclay now is the time to get the Amex and points then decline to be transfered to Barclay per your TOS and reopen a new account with them and get your miles bonus twice.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 25 of 78
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

OMG did I hear someone is gifting AA miles? I've never tried AA miles to the Caribbean but I just priced a one way LAX-LED (Saint Petersburg, Russia) for 30k one way in Coach on BA. I was flexible with my dates and times though. Delta came through with 30k on the return on Aeroflot metal, so similar value in this case.
Message 26 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

No gifting here, abort mission! Didn't realize I had to pay for the privilege. Smiley Very Happy Have a great time in Russia, on my future travel list.
Message 27 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Heavenly Flower- It all depends on what airport your flying into. Some are not daily service so you have to check and see what days the planes come in and out. For instance the Samana airport in DR they only fly in on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I had the same issue you did and was scratching my head until I found this out.

JSUcool- It all depends what's important to you. The service in "coach" on JetBlue is better than I've had in buisness class on a legacy carrier and the leg room and TV in every seat is just fine with me over a higher level cabin. If someone is difficult to please I could see this being an issue. Also I find the fixed value to be a better deal almost always simply because the initial cost of a JetBlue flight is usually so much better to start with than a legacy carrier. It all depends what's important to you but to the OP and from what they where describing it seems JB might be a better choice in airline for them to consider. Also with the new card coming from Barclay now is the time to get the Amex and points then decline to be transfered to Barclay per your TOS and reopen a new account with them and get your miles bonus twice.

What new card from Barclays?

Message 28 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jetblue is switching from Amex to Barclay. Not sure when applications will be available from Barclay though.
Message 29 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Jetblue is switching from Amex to Barclay. Not sure when applications will be available from Barclay though.

Must have missed that.  I knew that Amex was losing JetBlue but did not  know Barclays was picking them up.

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.