Did you mean: 

Bored w/ lack of new card launches.

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bored w/ lack of new card launches.

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I'd bet Amex will have some new launches in Q4.  Some double rewards spending in multiple categories.

I would like to see some new AMEX products! Smiley Happy

I would like to see Amex have a card similar to the BCE that earns MR points instead of cash back. They have the Blue, but 1 MR point per $1 is not exciting... reward me for catagories, please amex Smiley Surprised

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 26
Contributor

Count me in for wanting another Amex card. I'm still going after the BCE, but honestly, it is of little use to me, as I get 5% back from Target where I do almost all of my grocery shopping. 

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 12 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I'd bet Amex will have some new launches in Q4.  Some double rewards spending in multiple categories.

I would like to see some new AMEX products! Smiley Happy

I would like to see Amex have a card similar to the BCE that earns MR points instead of cash back. They have the Blue, but 1 MR point per $1 is not exciting... reward me for catagories, please amex Smiley Surprised

I'm almost certain they will.  

Message 13 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

How about:

Barclays Arrival

Barclays Priceline

BofA Travel Rewards

BofA Better Balance Rewards

US Bank Cash +

US Bank Club Carlson

Each of these is arguably better than the Discover It. 

Message 14 of 26
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Yes, HLine.

Those are kinda new. I did jump on the Cash + myself. The others were such yawners to me that I didn't even think of them. I guess I was thinking of a real game changer from a major issuer that makes headlines.....like the Freedom or Blue Cash P or E did.....something that makes me go.....ooooh.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 15 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would luv to see a new Amex with better rewards. That would definitely get me out of the garden.
Message 16 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I would luv to see a new Amex with better rewards. That would definitely get me out of the garden.

Pure speculation, but it's nontheless fun, especially on a Sunday afternoon.  Smiley Happy

I think we'll see a new Amex charge MR card with a 25K sign up bonus offering 2X points in restaurants, shipping, drugstores and supermarkets with an annual bonus if a certain spend threshold is reached.

Message 17 of 26
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Open123,

What you are describing is only negligibly different from a PRG. Personally, I don't see why Fidelity (via FIA) can offer a flat 2pts/2% card on the Amex network but Amex, themselves, will not. 

But what would really make me jump at a new Amex is something that flat out beats the reward potential of any competitor. Why Amex, of all companies, is not the king of rewards is beyond me. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 18 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree- Amex seems to be dragging its heels for some reason.
Message 19 of 26
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

As I told an Amex Survey person once with regard to my Plum Card when they called me after my survey:

Amex should not be getting beat by Capital One's Spark on Cash Back rewards. PERIOD. Capital One gets a lower swipe fee and has to share it with Visa while charging a lower annual fee. Amex, with the Plum, has a direct advantage on every one of those areas. Amex should be beating the Spark's rewards potential. Plain and Simple. No excuses. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.