tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Both World Elite MasterCards??

@Kforce wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Let people anthrpomorphize faceless entities! 

I know you talk to your car keys when you can't find them !

I talk to my remote when I cant find it. 

It likes to hide in weirdest places.

That's what I get for having World Infinite Elite Platinum Gold Plated Staus Symbol Remote. 

Yes but when was the last time you got a CL increase

~ Channel Lineup   Smiley LOL

Three years ago. My lineup is bucketed 🤷‍♀️

Maybe I'll get one if I watch more TV

Message 21 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Let people anthrpomorphize faceless entities! 

I know you talk to your car keys when you can't find them !

I talk to my remote when I cant find it. 

It likes to hide in weirdest places.

That's what I get for having World Infinite Elite Platinum Gold Plated Staus Symbol Remote. 

Yes but when was the last time you got a CL increase

~ Channel Lineup   Smiley LOL

Three years ago. My lineup is bucketed 🤷‍♀️

Maybe I'll get one if I watch more TV

Your tv is just still getting to know you.

Message 22 of 33
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

What exactly can you do with a World Elite MasterCard that you can't do with a World MasterCard (or any other MasterCard for that matter)?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 23 of 33
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Removed

Message 24 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

What exactly can you do with a World Elite MasterCard that you can't do with a World MasterCard (or any other MasterCard for that matter)?

The World Mastercard program 

Credit cards in the World Mastercard program may come with these additional benefits:

• Concierge services — Phone representatives to assist you with gift buying and delivery, event tickets and other personal services
  • Enhanced price protection — World Mastercard holders receive this protection for up to 120 days, as opposed to 60 for standard Mastercard customers.
  • Mastercard Airport Concierge — A paid meet-and-greet service that helps passengers with arrivals, departures, or changing planes at more than 450 airports around the world. Cardholders receive a 15% discount for the service.
  • Mastercard Travel Services — Makes travel arrangements for cardholders
  • World Luxury Hotels & Resorts — Offers room upgrades, free breakfast, early check-in and late checkout and special welcome amenities to cardholders who book their stay through this program
  • Hotel stay guarantee — A Mastercard Lifestyle Manager will help if the three-star or higher-rated hotel you book isn’t working out.
  • Lowest hotel rate guarantee — If you find the same exact prepaid hotel stay for less, Mastercard will refund the difference.
  • Onefinestay — Get a 10% discount on thousands of rental homes around the world. Amenities include guest services available 24/7, high-quality toiletries and free Wi-Fi.
  • Mastercard Priceless Cities — Offers discounts and exclusive offers for luxury goods and services in select cities around the world
  • ShopRunner — When you order from more than 140 online stores using ShopRunner, you’ll receive unlimited free two-day shipping and return shipping on purchases. Eligible retailers include Saks Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers, Tory Burch, Staples and 1-800-Flowers.com.
  • Postmates — Get $5 off every purchase of $25 or more (not including delivery fees, tips and taxes) every time you order from hundreds of thousands of restaurants and stores across the U.S. with this on-demand delivery service.

The World Elite Mastercard program

World Elite cardholders enjoy all the standard and World Mastercard benefits listed above, plus the following:

• Lyft —Take five rides in a month and get a $10 credit once a month.
  • Boxed — Earn 5% in cash rewards on orders.
  • Lufthansa — Cardholders receive a 15% discount on the German flag carrier.
  • Avalon Waterways — Cardholders can receive up to $75 per person on all cruises.
  • Vacation packages — Cardholders can receive between $50 and $250 when booking tours and vacations around the world.
  • Car rentals — Get a 25% discount when renting a vehicle with Avis or National or Sixt. Upon request, cardholders can also receive elite status with these companies.
  • Chauffeured car service — This program features savings on limousine services around the world at 20% off the standard price.
  • Private Jet Program — When first class just doesn’t cut it, this program offers discounts from private jet charter operators Skyjet and Vitesse Worldwide.
  • Personal Travel Advisor and Mastercard Global Service Premium — These appear to be the same as the benefits offered by World Mastercards, but purportedly come with more personal service.
  • Mastercard Priceless Cities — Take advantage of travel experiences that give you preferred access to VIP events, insider opportunities, special promotions and more.
  • Mastercard Priceless Golf — These are golf offers and experiences with the PGA Tour for World Elite cardholders, as well as a Golf Concierge Service to access other golf benefits available.
  • Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee — If you book a three-star or higher rated hotel, and you aren’t satisfied, Mastercard says that it will have a Lifestyle Manager work with you to make it right.
  • Mastercard Lowest Hotel Rate Guarantee — If you find the same exact prepaid hotel stay for less, Mastercard will refund the difference.
  • Onefinestay — Save 10% on rental homes worldwide.
  • Fandango — Every time you buy two movie tickets, receive $5 off future movie tickets or at-home purchases.

The catch is, the lender has to offer these perks, otherwise it's just a MasterCard that pays them more in fees.

Message 25 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

If I didn't already get a lot of Uber Eats coupons, as well as the Amex Platinum Uber credit, I might have kept my Savor-turned-QS for the Postmates feature. The discount is pretty good, considering that if you drive to pick up the food yourself you don't pay any fees and still get $5 off.

*I think you said you don't do takeout or delivery...just home cooking or sit-down restaurants...so maybe not ideal for you unless covid has changed that.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 26 of 33
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Credit cards in the World Mastercard program may come with these additional benefits:

The catch is, the lender has to offer these perks, otherwise it's just a MasterCard that pays them more in fees.

So, in other words, it's like the Visa Signature:  a menu of perks that most banks choose not to offer their customers.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 27 of 33
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

*I think you said you don't do takeout or delivery...just home cooking or sit-down restaurants...so maybe not ideal for you unless covid has changed that.

You have a good memory!  I wrote that several months ago when Chase added a DoorDash credit to the CSR.  COVID-19 has not changed that. In fact, I'm doing even more cooking at home than before.

Message 28 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

So, in other words, it's like the Visa Signature:  a menu of perks that most banks choose not to offer their customers.

Bingo

Message 29 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I just recalled that when Savor had the Postmates Unlimited perk in addition to the $5 off and 4% cash back, I never actually tried any other cards to see if they were eligible for the $5 off. I only had investigated which of my cards were eligible for the cell phone protection.

I just put my Arrival info into my Postmates account and it also generated $5 off a hypothetical order. So in going from 7 issuers down to 6, I actually kept that little perk I thought I'd be losing. Smiley Happy

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.