Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bravo Card

How is this card not talked about more on here? What am I missing?
Sounds like a **bleep** good card to me.
3% back on Groceries, restaurants and gas.
0% for 24 months -yes, 24....on BTs

Is Santander an evil bank or something? Just seems this is better than say, the marvel card and yet that one is talked about all the time and this one is rarely talked of.

I figure I have to be missing something on why nobody likes this card. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bravo Card

Im sure if tydawg finds this post he'll let you know why. They are a huge bank but from what i gather are very conservative , take forever to approve you and for many the rewards dont match to what they want or expect. No real experience with their ccs but i do know the one time i tried getting a personsl loan they wanted at least a 700 just to consider. Bravo indeedSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im sure if tydawg finds this post he'll let you know why. They are a huge bank but from what i gather are very conservative , take forever to approve you and for many the rewards dont match to what they want or expect. No real experience with their ccs but i do know the one time i tried getting a personsl loan they wanted at least a 700 just to consider. Bravo indeedSmiley Happy

Which is absolutely hilarious, considering they're the number 1 sub-prime car lender in the US. They'll back a 25%, 72 month loan on a 10 year old Hyundai with a 150% LTV, but want at least 700 for a loan? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Which is absolutely hilarious, considering they're the number 1 sub-prime car lender in the US. They'll back a 25%, 72 month loan on a 10 year old Hyundai with a 150% LTV, but want at least 700 for a loan? Smiley LOL

THIS is the truth!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good to know haha. This if course was from my newbie start on my rebuild when i didnt realize i could get better offers if i just let my scores improveSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh and i think at that time i was actually 693 or somethingSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
happypill
Valued Contributor

I think there are a few reasons why this card isn't popular:

1. It has a $49 AF - which makes it inferior to other cards that offer 3% on those categories (there are quite a few actually, the best is the SSFCU Power Travel Rewards that offers 3.3%, but is geography limited)

2. They give 3x "points", but they don't happen to mention what their points are worth or if they can be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent, anybody know?

3. I think a lot of people hate Santander.  I actually used to like them becuase they had a checking account where they gave you free money every month, but they stopped that last year.

Message 7 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

If I remember correctly, Santander got burned when they bought a bunch of sub prime loans from Lending Club...

I may not remember correctly though - I'm getting old...  Smiley Wink

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

And though it's not mentioned yet i think another reason (as if those others aren't already enough) Smiley LOL is about their credit lines?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.