cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

what I'm gathering is that there are currently no sites out there that can do what TrueCredit stopped doing? 

unless you have an AMEX then some people say they provide this service. I know many people don't have one so we need a new one. Unfortunately, I have an AMEX but they said because it's a bank issued AMEX they can't provide the service.

I've been looking around all day but can't find any that perform what we want no matter what the price. Anyone ?

Message 71 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

ts888,

Credit Check Total costs $19.95 and provides unlimited 3 in 1 reports and FAKO scores (you can pull a new report every day).  I signed up today.

Message 72 of 136
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called the 800-493-2392 number and cancelled.  They refused to refund three times and said I had to call Corporate at 866-212-2170.  I did... spoke to John who could care less.  He tells me to pull out my contract and read the "Terms and Conditions" wherein it is stated that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want... and have.  No refund.  Do I need to call the BBB?  "Do whatever you like.  You're not getting a refund."  And if I were to notify the AG?  "Sir, you're not going to get a refund.  Thank you for calling." (Click)  I was nice, but persistant, too.  $15 isn't going to break me.  It's the principle of it... not to mention the two rude reps I dealt with.  Mama always said: "What goes around, comes around."  I'm sure they'll get theirs.

It sounds like they have a major customer service issue on their hands. Just call your CCC and dispute the charge. It is highly likely that that will be the end of the matter.
Message 73 of 136
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My only problem with the AmEx version is that it's the Experian-CIC product, and it seems to be laid out for kindergartners. Something about it just irks the fire out of me. I liked how TC was laid out so cleanly.

I suppose I'll survive, lol.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 74 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh? It does for me I use it everyday and just pulled new reports before I came here.  

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not that concerned about the refund of $15. I'm more concerned with whether or not there is a comparable service that can fill this void. I just checked the ChaseID and it does NOT do daily 3 bureaus like some people suggested....maybe it used to.

can anyone verify a service that is working for daily all 3 bureaus? Thanks.

Message 75 of 136
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just tried again, and got this:

Update your credit information*

Change Report shows you—quickly and clearly—what's changed in your TransUnion Credit Report with easy-to-follow comparisons and graphics.

Whether you're verifying account activity to guard against identity theft, buying a new home or car, or just doing monthly financial maintenance, review your 3-Bureau Credit Report.

Next update available on January 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM Eastern time

*As a 3-Bureau Monitoring member, you may receive a new TransUnion Change Report once per 24-hour period and get an update from all three credit bureaus once every 30 days.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 76 of 136
kbella
New Contributor

I just signed up for TrueCredit, so not too happy about all the changes.  Planning on buying a car and there's a bunch of items on DH's report that aren't ours so we've started the process of disputing (as well as GW'ing others).  

Probably will stay with it for now, but was wondering for those who signed up with Credit Check Total - how are you liking it????

TU-579 EX-551 EQ-562 as of 1/14/09 (ouch)
Message 77 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

That really sucks!!  Cancelled mine and DH's.   Too bad I really liked the daily access.  But now it is certainly not worth the money.  Shoot!!

Message 78 of 136
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Just looked at Privacymatters123.  It appears to have the exact same layout and information as the old TU.  In fact, it IS the old TU.  Addresses at top all link back to tu.  But the cost is $29.95/mo.  Looks like TU may have decided that they were losing money at 12/mo. and just decided to farm out the data to a contractor.  Here's the link if anyone wants to check them out. Privacy Matters 123

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want to be the Watchmann here...but...why are there eight pages worrying about where to find a daily reporting service?  I had TrueCredit a couple years ago...did the everyday thing when I first got it...then the every other day thing after about a week...then around twice a month.  I think a once a month report is good enough for anybody.  You know what's going on with your report because YOU are paying...or not paying...the bills and adding inquiries by app-ing for credit.  If someone is stealing your identity, you will know this in your next report and dispute it then if and when that fact shows up.  Checking every single day to see what's on your report, I don't get it.  I checked everyday when I first got TrueCredit (no longer have it)  because I was new to credit  and I didn't know that scores really don't change that much in a month unless it's by your own doing.  Get Experian (what I use now)....it's once a month and has alerts to inform you of hards or new accounts opened.  Relax a little.  It's the holidays.  If you want to buy that house...or app for a loan...just time your payments, check your score once a month and you are good to go.  Check everyday?   Eight pages?  Reallly?
Message 80 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.