cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

tag
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Breaking News - TrueCredit daily 3-1 updating gone!

Jubeyy wrote:
I don't want to be the Watchmann here...but...why are there eight pages worrying about where to find a daily reporting service?  I had TrueCredit a couple years ago...did the everyday thing when I first got it...then the every other day thing after about a week...then around twice a month.  I think a once a month report is good enough for anybody.  You know what's going on with your report because YOU are paying...or not paying...the bills and adding inquiries by app-ing for credit.  If someone is stealing your identity, you will know this in your next report and dispute it then if and when that fact shows up.  Checking every single day to see what's on your report, I don't get it.  I checked everyday when I first got TrueCredit (no longer have it)  because I was new to credit  and I didn't know that scores really don't change that much in a month unless it's by your own doing.  Get Experian (what I use now)....it's once a month and has alerts to inform you of hards or new accounts opened.  Relax a little.  It's the holidays.  If you want to buy that house...or app for a loan...just time your payments, check your score once a month and you are good to go.  Check everyday?   Eight pages?  Reallly?

Yep, - Check every day, 8 pages, really.

Jubeyy, folks in the rebuilding process, especially, benefit from daily-pull services b/c it lets them know ASAP if some new CA has popped up overnight, or if a baddie they've been GWing to death has finally come off, or yes, if something fishy has shown up - the sooner you know any or all of these things, the better chance you have of addressing it and minimizing damage, not just to your scores but to your whole financial life, especially in these crazy credit times.

And some of us are on the far side of that journey and simply watch our reports like a hawk for fishy activity; again, I want to know ASAP if something unexpected pops up, because in this credit climate, I don't think it's safe to take the "if you're not making a major purchase anytime soon, don't sweat your FICO scores' approach anymore; lenders are hyper-sensitive and taking AA on accounts for all kinds of excuses, so almost any decrease in score or any kind of negative info on one's reports could start a domino effect of AA across all accounts, started by just one creditor deciding to balance-chase your account with them.  No way on this green earth would I want some illegal CA reporting on my CR(s) for a MONTH before I found out about it and was able to take action; I wouldn't have any credit, let alone scores, left, by then!!

So - YES, for some of us, every day, really.  It IS that important.  I'm glad you're in a place with your finances and credit that you don't feel the need to check your CR's every day.  Not everyone has reached that place yet.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 81 of 136
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I agree Scamp. I would rather catch ID theft early rather than find out about it a month down the road. Do yourselves a favor and avoid TU resellers. Go with CCT or if you have an Amex card get CS.
Message 82 of 136
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't want to be the Watchmann here...but...why are there eight pages worrying about where to find a daily reporting service?  I had TrueCredit a couple years ago...did the everyday thing when I first got it...then the every other day thing after about a week...then around twice a month.  I think a once a month report is good enough for anybody.  You know what's going on with your report because YOU are paying...or not paying...the bills and adding inquiries by app-ing for credit.  If someone is stealing your identity, you will know this in your next report and dispute it then if and when that fact shows up.  Checking every single day to see what's on your report, I don't get it.  I checked everyday when I first got TrueCredit (no longer have it)  because I was new to credit  and I didn't know that scores really don't change that much in a month unless it's by your own doing.  Get Experian (what I use now)....it's once a month and has alerts to inform you of hards or new accounts opened.  Relax a little.  It's the holidays.  If you want to buy that house...or app for a loan...just time your payments, check your score once a month and you are good to go.  Check everyday?   Eight pages?  Reallly?

one size fits all?  not so much, this may vary by individual.

i sorta cringe a little bit at such vaguely procrutean responses, and yes of course, daily pulls are probably not necessary in many cases.  if you're tracking balances and reporting dates:  priceless.

i think the idea that it is only ok to feel constrained to pull daily when you were newbie (or is that not ok either?) is somewhat frivilous.  i don't obsess over scores or reports or i should say - i  think i make an effective effort not to do so, but there are periods of time where i find it useful to pull daily. 

my name is score_building and i am a ficoholic :smileyvery-happy:

ps. it also depends on how you've set-your profile preferences:  this thread is only 3 pages on my display Smiley Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 12-20-2008 05:45 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 83 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Well said mod.  The bottom line is that people are at different stages and they pay for the service that best suits their situation.

kbella,

Credit Check Total has been going fine so far.  I updated yesterday around 9 am and this morning around 7 and there were changes.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, the format is not as easy to read as TC but i'm happy with CCT so far.  They offer a free 7 day trial, if you don't like it you can cancel before the 7th day and you won't be billed.

Message 84 of 136
nicemann
Established Contributor

I love Credit Check Total....been using it for about 10 months now.  I do pay the $19.95 a month.  I was ticked off when they started the one pull each day, I use to be able to pull several reports a day (Always pulled before a CLR and then right after the phone call).  But at least they don't make you wait 24 hours, as long as it is the next day you can pull it.  So if I pull it at 9 PM Monday, I can pull it again Tuesday morning. 

Message 85 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for Credit Check Total but can not figure out how to refresh the report.  I pulled one yesterday and would like to pull another one today as I am trying to have items fixed and want to see when they appear as fixed.

Thanks 

Message 86 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Harpo,

When you log in, you'll see My Credit Center, and under My Credit Locker, there's an option to Order New Report.  HTH

Message 87 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that but it wants me to pay 39.95 to get my report. 
Message 88 of 136
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

If you signed up for the $19.95 package there shouldn't be a charge for new reports unless there's a waiting period before the service is up and running.  I'd give CS a call and they would be able to explain why you are being asked to pay to update.

Message 89 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called cs is only open mon - fri. when I click on order new report I get this. then i have to put in my cc info and submit order when then states i will be charged the 39.95. guess i will have to wait till monday. but am not happy about that.

Order Summary

Product Price 3 Bureau Credit Report with 3 PLUS Scores $39.95 Total $39.95
Credit Card Information
Your credit card will be charged $39.95 once your identity has been confirmed and your report is ready to view. If, for any reason, we are unable to provide you with this report, we WILL NOT charge your credit card.

Message 90 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.