Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brooks Brothers Credit card

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Brooks Brothers Credit card

I got approved for their Brooks Card with a $1,400 CL they told me that they do upgrads has anyone gotten an upgrade? Or have this card that would like to tell their story as to how their CL when applied and if approved for Store or Master Card. Thanks! Its issued by GE

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Brooks Brothers Credit card

I received the Brooks Card on October 1, 2011. My initial limit was the same as yours, $1,400. Four months later I received an automatic CLI of $1,000. In July I asked that my limit be increased to $4,000, which was granted. I have put about $2,000 on the card and always PIF.

I have not been offered an upgrade, so can't address that issue. 

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If they ever offer the 25% discount on order on the LHS shell cordovan #8 shoes they sell from Alden... ah well, I may break my gardening for that Smiley Happy.  BB is one of the retailers I have frequently patronized over the past year, so maybe their store card makes some sense for me.

It's probably the same as any other GE-backed card in most respects I'd assume, though it's not one of the more popular store cards discussed.  I wonder if they're still primarily pulling EQ?

        
Message 3 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmm I dont remember who they pulled when I applied, And yes their items are exspensive but they design really good their clothing is very attractive. Which is what made me apply at the first time. I'l conact crdit services to ask again if they upgrade to mastercard when having the store card. Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing everyone! I would so re-apply just to get the mastercard.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Have to admit I shop their clearance racks mostly. Sometimes one finds near eBay prices on some of their high end seasonal lines like their golden fleece wool slacks last year which are the best pants I have ever owned.

Shoes are better bought new in my case anyway as I'm a biomechanical disaster... And I've been good this year so... Smiley Wink

        
Message 5 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I don't carry a balance but the APR on the card is insane (just like most store cards).  I do shop there a good bit (their non-iron shirts have saved me a ton in dry cleaning).  If I got a store card it would be this one or Banana Republic.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@revelate yes same here their sales rack is pretty good 50% off original price! IM IN! hahha @Duncanrr yup thats why I have their card but would of liked to have gotten the MasterCard Smiley Sad I will come back for you BB MASTER CARD you hear me I WILL COME  BACK AND YOU SHALL BE IN MY WALLET! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 8
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

I know its an old thread - but, has anyone upgraded from the Brooks Brothers store card to the MasterCard?

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.