Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)UPDATE

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)UPDATE

UPDATE: Brother got AA on his Barclays Apple card today. They called him and said that even though he pays statement in full and on time, over 100 inquiries is simply too much and closed his account. On another note, he raised his Lowes to 12k and Exon&Chevron to 4k each today.

If anyone doesn't remember my last post about my brothers "spree", here it is: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Brothers-crazy-credit-journey-PART-II/td-p/3815607

I no longer consider his journey to be a spree, it's more like brute force. He applies for about 20+ cards daily (including any prime cards, etc) and gets what he gets. He's very adamant about it and probably hasn't gone more than 3 days without applying for a few cards for the past 8 months or so.

Today he messaged me that he got in with a Chase British Airways VS $3500 limit & 15.99%APR and some type of a Discover card. He probably has over 100 inquiries (last 6 months) on each bureau and 60-70+ new accounts reporting in the last 6 months. His next goal is to get in with AMEX & Citi and his overall goal is to reach the $1,000,000 available credit mark, he is currently at around $200k-$250k.

I'm surprised myself, apparently applying once a day for every credit card ever works, haha.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Brothers credit journey of BRUTE FORCE (cont)

I remember that crazy wacko app spree like yesterday

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

If anyone doesn't remember my last post about my brothers "spree", here it is: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Brothers-crazy-credit-journey-PART-II/td-p/3815607

I no longer consider his journey to be a spree, it's more like brute force. He applies for about 20+ cards daily (including any prime cards, etc) and gets what he gets. He's very adamant about it and probably hasn't gone more than 3 days without applying for a few cards for the past 8 months or so.

Today he messaged me that he got in with a Chase British Airways VS $3500 limit & 15.99%APR and some type of a Discover card. He probably has over 100 inquiries (last 6 months) on each bureau and 40-50+ new accounts reporting in the last 6 months. His next goal is to get in with AMEX & Citi and his overall goal is to reach the $1,000,000 available credit mark, he is currently at around $200k-$250k.

I'm surprised myself, apparently applying once a day for every credit card ever works, haha.

How does he even still get approvals? That really is brute force.

Message 3 of 36
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Today he messaged me that he got in with a Chase British Airways VS $3500 limit & 15.99%APR and some type of a Discover card. He probably has over 100 inquiries (last 6 months) on each bureau and 40-50+ new accounts reporting in the last 6 months. His next goal is to get in with AMEX & Citi and his overall goal is to reach the $1,000,000 available credit mark, he is currently at around $200k-$250k.

How does he even still get approvals? That really is brute force.

I ask myself the same thing, lol. His score is like 650 now across the board.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 4 of 36
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Are his credit scores way above the max???? In the thousands????

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I LOVE it!!! LMAO!!! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 36
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Copied his texts for you guys:

>I'm shooting for AMEX
>If they not gonna approve me I'll be applying every single day for 365 days
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

>I'm shooting for AMEX

I hope many of us here can live vicariously through him

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

>I'm shooting for AMEX

I have always wondered what would happen if someone had a credit file they gave no cares about inquirywise.

Message 9 of 36
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I suppose at some point excessive inquiries hits a ceiling of sorts, and additional ones don't really matter anymore.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.