Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrylaneHome

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

BrylaneHome

So I was just surfing BrylaneHome site and was about to purchase some Kitchen accesories when I check my cart a pop up message, Congratulations pre-approved for $700 Credit Limit.  I declined the offer as I hardly shop at BrylaneHome.  My question is, I only have one Comenity card New York & Co, is this approval makes gets you approve as well if you apply to any Comenity cards?  I actually like to get GameStop Rewards, what are my chances if I apply?  I know it's a HP. Thanks for the help.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BrylaneHome

The Shopping Cart offers are good for those companies only usually. It's not a guarantee that you would get approved for another Comenity card. It would help if you could give some data points to better advise... 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blazerein wrote:

So I was just surfing BrylaneHome site and was about to purchase some Kitchen accesories when I check my cart a pop up message, Congratulations pre-approved for $700 Credit Limit.  I declined the offer as I hardly shop at BrylaneHome.  My question is, I only have one Comenity card New York & Co, is this approval makes gets you approve as well if you apply to any Comenity cards? 

I actually like to get GameStop Rewards, what are my chances if I apply?  I know it's a HP. Thanks for the help.

There is no guarantee because all Comenity cards have different UW requirements. Just because the SCT works for one Comenity card does not mean that it will work for others. YMMV, of course. Smiley Happy

If you apply out right, you may get denied because your scores are on the low end. I hope others can share some DPs on this. But what I would say is apply at a Game Stop store, since you are more likely to get approved if you applied at the store than if you did online. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@blazerein wrote:

So I was just surfing BrylaneHome site and was about to purchase some Kitchen accesories when I check my cart a pop up message, Congratulations pre-approved for $700 Credit Limit.  I declined the offer as I hardly shop at BrylaneHome.  My question is, I only have one Comenity card New York & Co, is this approval makes gets you approve as well if you apply to any Comenity cards? 

I actually like to get GameStop Rewards, what are my chances if I apply?  I know it's a HP. Thanks for the help.

There is no guarantee because all Comenity cards have different UW requirements. Just because the SCT works for one Comenity card does not mean that it will work for others. YMMV, of course. Smiley Happy

If you apply out right, you may get denied because your scores are on the low end. I hope others can share some DPs on this. But what I would say is apply at a Game Stop store, since you are more likely to get approved if you applied at the store than if you did online. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous, some clarification needs to be mentioned on the bolded piece.   If an individual's profile does not meet the UW criteria for an approval, going to the store will make no difference vs. submitting an application online.  Applying at the store provides an easier advantage that streamlines the authentication process since the customer is present w/ID and a major CC.   This, however, does not bypass any UW criteria when it comes to qualifying for an approval.   

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@blazerein wrote:

@Anonymous, some clarification needs to be mentioned on the bolded piece.   If an individual's profile does not meet the UW criteria for an approval, going to the store will make no difference vs. submitting an application online.  Applying at the store provides an easier advantage that streamlines the authentication process since the customer is present w/ID and a major CC.   This, however, does not bypass any UW criteria when it comes to qualifying for an approval.   

You are correct, FinStar. But we have seen enough posts here from people who were denied credit when they applied online but were approved when they applied in store (not always, of course). That's why I stated that the OP's experience may vary (YMMV). Smiley Happy Many posters here consider this a DP when it comes to applying. The likelihood of approval is just increased IMO (again, not garaunteed).

Personally, I do not think the OP should even apply out right for the card, since his or her scores are on the low end. 

If the pre-approval pops up for the card, that does not mean it will end up being a SP. We are seeing enough posts here on people getting their accounts closed when Comenity actually HPs their profile. 

Either way, the OP may have to take a HP. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.