Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bucketed Capital One Quicksilver?

tag
CreditUp26
New Contributor

Re: Bucketed Capital One Quicksilver?

It sounds like you just need to decide whether to keep the card as a long tradeline or get rid of it because no, they won't be increasing you. I would wait until you have a longer amount of time with your other cards then ditch it. Just my personal opinion. 

Message 21 of 24
Tinkiegrrl
Valued Member

@NRB525 wrote:

@Tinkiegrrl wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Tinkiegrrl wrote:

Actually I'm tempted to simply make my son an account manager for this card. He's an AU already. I can grant him permission to view and pay them account. With the low limit, it can be a training credit card of sorts. He won't be able to get into trouble I can't buy him out of.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm a big fan of giving kids practical financial experience, and involving them in financial decisions. The hesitancy to talk about money is why so many people grow up to be financially illiterate. And as soon as possible, get him his own no AF card from a major bank, because he's legally not responsible for an AU card, and lenders know that.

Yeah - My parents told me nothing about credit beyond "don't get a credit card". 43 yrs later I'm building my credit now... Nnot sure my son will go for managing the account though. I shouldn't have added him to my Apple Card. He's mostly using that because he gets the cash back on his Apple Pay card when he does. I pull the money for his purchases out of his checking account unless he's ordering himself and my daughter a pizza or something and I'm not home, or unless I send him to the grocery store to buy a few things for the house. He loves using his phone to pay for everything, and the Apple Card just works so seamlessly with that. UI for it is pretty slick too. Gen Z seems to like that. Even he has sock drawered the Quicksilver lol. I could cut acces to the Apple Card though...

How does GS Apple Card set up the authorized user? Does the AU see their own charges to pay those at the next month, or you have to sort through the charges yourself to determine what is yours, what is the AU? If he's more interested in the Apple Card, perhaps pushing him to more directly manage that one card is the easier lesson plan?

He can see his charges and in the UI I can click on his name and it brings up all his charges separated from mine. Determining how much he owes is no problem, but he can't make payments on it

Message 22 of 24
Tinkiegrrl
Valued Member

@CreditUp26 wrote:

It sounds like you just need to decide whether to keep the card as a long tradeline or get rid of it because no, they won't be increasing you. I would wait until you have a longer amount of time with your other cards then ditch it. Just my personal opinion. 

I have no doubt I'll ditch it at some point. Most of the time I use my Apple Card already. 2% is better then 1.5% but 1.5% is still better then 1% so I still use the Quicksilver at the occasional merchant that doesn't take Apple Pay. At some point I'll likely get a flat 2% card and that'll be the end for the Quicksilver, credit limit increase or not

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Quicksilver secured card with a $200 limit. I would gladly accept a credit line increase if offered, but I won't be requesting one. I use the card often for Amazon, DoorDash, etc. I get 1.5% cashback, and it adds up quickly. Then I just pay PIF. With a $200 limit, it's so easy to PIF while collecting unlimited cashback. It's a great card. No complaints.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.