Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building credit quick

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Building credit quick

@Anonymous wrote:

Capitol One: 11-01 to 11/02  CL$100 closed. Chase:05/01 to 12/01 CL $600 closed. HSBC LEVITZ: 06/01 to 10/03 cL $3000 closed. Wahsington Mutual Finance: 09/01 to12/01 closed ... All of these show good standing. I have one judgement that's due to fall off in 2014 for $2133.  I have zero debt and a Fraud Alert on all three. I applied for Citi Forward and was approved for $1200 and Capitol One /approved $500. These are the only cards that I have. I am an umemployed student. How can I get my score into the 800's. Should I apply for more or will build history with these.

Trans Union: 759 Fako

Equifax: 655 Fico

Experian: 732

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You've already been given some great advice and feedback. I'd just like to add the following.

On the Credit in the News forum, a member posted about a site that breaks down the various compenents that go into making up your credit score. One of those components is Length of Credit History. The article can be found at:

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/fico-credit-score-account-length-credit-history-1270.php

Allow me to post a brief quote from the article:

"There's a saying in the credit industry: 'The best credit is old credit.' According to a study by risk management firm SubscriberWise, consumers with perfect 850 FICO scores have an average age of 61 years old (born in 1950). Even the very youngest people to achieve a top FICO score had a touch of gray -- they were born in 1967. And on average, those perfect borrowers had their first credit report created 30 years ago.

"'For those obsessed with achieving the perfect FICO score, at least one fact profoundly demonstrated with our data is that an individual must have a long and well established credit history to have even a remote possibility of reaching an 850,' SubscriberWise President David Howe said in a company press release."

From the above, you can see that it will take time in order for you to reach your goal. Length of credit history can't be rushed; it is what it is. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be taking good care of your credit now. I speak from personal experience when I say that messing up one's credit can happen in a very short amount of time, and then take years to recover from completely. Take care of it now, use your accounts wisely, and never, ever be late on a payment. If you do so, then time will eventually take care of the rest. Best wishes!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building credit quick

Wow! I didn't know anything about what "760" could do for you. I just thought "Go for the Gold" 800 Well, at least that took some of the stress off. Even though, I still want 800, it  feels a whole lot better thinking about 760. LOL!!     Thanks to everyone who gave me things to think about!!  Again, I love this site

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.