Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building credit with ITIN...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building credit with ITIN...

Hello,

My Wife has ITIN and Cap 1 kept on sending pre-approvals for her, so I went ahead and applied. However, it was declined, reason being that she does not have enough annual income. My Wife is Home maker and does not work. So I just put $10K annual salary on application as I could not figure out what to write. Anyways, then I thought lets get her BofA secured CC. So I opened checking account for her and submitted CC application in branch. Now I received a letter from BofA, asking for information regarding annual salary and emplyement etc, although we already provided all that information in branch. To make sure that I send a reply which will help with her CC approval, I am posting in this forum for expert advice. What should I write in annual salary since she is Home maker? I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building credit with ITIN...

Your income is her income since you’re married. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building credit with ITIN...

2013 amendment to the 2009 Card Act says your wife can use household income as long as she is over 21.

So assuming that she is, always use your combined income unless it explicit says “ not household income”.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.