cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business debt effect on personal card app.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business debt effect on personal card app.

Hi I've been reading these forums for about a year and finally making my first post, so hi *waves* Smiley Happy

I'll start by going over my credit profile:

I'm 22 years old and have a job making about $38k a year. I have about a year and half left until my I graduate with my bachelor's degree.

Cards:
Local CU card - 6/17 - $0/$1k
Discover It Student - 2/18 - $0/$2200
Sam's Club store cc (ugh) - 2/18 - $0/$1200
Chase Freedom - 8/18 - $2800/$3800
Chase Ink Cash - 12/18 - $2800/$3000
Amex Delta Gold - 4/19 - $0/$8800

Fico 8 scores- EX: 742, TU: 748, EQ: Not exactly sure, but about the same.

The Ink Cash has 0% intro interest until January 2020 and I need to float that balance until about then. The Freedom has 0% intro interest until November of this year. It has had $1500ish since I opened it and just put the other $1300 this past week. I plan on paying off the Freedom next week to $0 (might leave a few dollars to be AZEO). So when my statements all cut and report in the next couple weeks, I think I'll show no debt on my personal profile.

I would like to apply for the Chase IHG Premier card mid August and put my fall tuition on it to meet the minimum spend to get the sign up bonus. My question is will the high utilization on the CIC cause me to be denied? From what I understand, the business debt doesn't affect my personal utilization. Since both cards are Chase, would their internal view, as well as my history of only minimum payments cause me to not be qualified?

The CIC is under my name and social. I have a sole proprietorship doing tutoring as a side gig that helps supplement my income. Idk if that makes a difference in reporting.

Also does the Sam's store card count toward 5/24, or since it's just a store card, is it ignored? I was pretty irked that they opened that for me rather than just denying me for the Sam's MasterCard.

If there's anything I left out that would be helpful, just let me know and I'll add it as soon as I can. I appreciate the help Smiley Happy
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Business debt effect on personal card app.

You're personally liable for the CIC and since Chase is the issuer the fact that it isn't reporting to the CRAs is not relevant.  Chase will still take it into consideration for their decision.

The high utilization on both that card and Freedom, as well as the fact that you've been only making mininum payments on both, would make the likelihood of you obtaining another Chase-issued card right now IMO pretty much nonexistent.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business debt effect on personal card app.

Yes Sams card counts toward 5/24. As for them giving you the store card instead of the MC, when you apply for Sams Credit, you will be vetted to see if you qualify first for the MC and if not , then if qualified, you can get the Store card. There is no real way to just apply for the MC. It is what it is.Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.