Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Disneyland ticket with points

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Buying Disneyland ticket with points

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to buy disneyland park tickets using points at a better than 1.0c/point value?

I've been digging around for hours, and turning up nothing. It looks like Chase used to have disneyland tickets on their travel portal, but they don't anymore. There were some articles suggesting that CSR cardholders could still use the portal for disney tickets, but in the comments people are saying that wasn't true.

Currently the only way I'm seeing to do this is to trade points for a statement credit (at 1:1) and then just buy the tickets with actual money. But a pair of one-day parkhopper tickets would cost 43,500 points. Expensive! Wish there was a way to use fewer points.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Buying Disneyland ticket with points

I no longer have Chase so I can't help you there. I did notify a moderator to possibly move your thread to another subforum for better visibility.

Message 2 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Unfortunately there's really no great option. Ostensibly Disney wants you to book through them directly, so they don't really offer discounts or perks elsewhere, or if they do they're not substantial. Your best bet is just a statement credit against the purchase.

Message 3 of 27
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Depending on the card (works on Altitude Reserve) booking through an OTA allows it to code as travel. That’s the only way I’ve seen to use points at a higher value or get more points from buying tickets
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 4 of 27
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Do you have a Sam's club membership? If you can buy a Sam's gift card, they sell discount Disney cards that you could use to purchase tickets.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't buy parkhopper. By the time you park, take the shuttle and then the team you have killed and hour. Waste of money IMHO. Just get 1 park tickets.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't buy parkhopper. By the time you park, take the shuttle and then the team you have killed and hour. Waste of money IMHO. Just get 1 park tickets.

He seems to be talking about Disneyland in CA, not Florida. So only two parks and easy to walk between them.

Message 7 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am somewhat curious about this my cousin and nephew want to goto the new star wars exhibit at disney land and wondering if there are any good redemptions using points? On a side note if you pay with a CC doesn't that count as travel ? So maybe I would use my premier card for that

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 27
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Mongstramas, Disney World doesn’t code as travel. Unless Disney Land codes differently it would need to be through an OTA. DOC or TPG just did a write up on this.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 9 of 27
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

If you're staying at one of the hotels nearby in Anaheim/Garden Grove, you can sometimes buy your tickets from the hotel and thus likely trip the travel bonus on most cards. Otherwise, Savor will give 4X back on Disney admission FYI.

Another idea, you might try buying them at the Disneyland Hotel. Same price, but I'd venture that the transaction would code as travel this way as well.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.