Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying prepaid Visa cards with Wal-Mart CC

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buying prepaid Visa cards with Wal-Mart CC

@ttleigh wrote:
I wonder if it's just what cashier you get. One time I was using my Walmart card and I had a bunch of stuff including a gift card and the cashier threw a fit saying that I couldn't pay with my Walmart card and there's a lot of fraud, etc, it was kind of embarrassing. So I ended up just getting cash back from the Walmart card and putting that in the bday card. It didn't make sense to me that they would expect people to pay cash for the gift cards but she also made it sound like they wouldn't take any credit card to pay for the gift card.
She might have been wrong but I was embarrassed and just scurried out of there

You could have just got the cash-over and used that to buy the GC (assuming the GC costs less than your cash-over daily limit).   So, in essence, her reaction makes no sense.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 15
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I purchased Vanilla Visa gift cards with my AmexPRG only when necessary....did it with no problem at Walgreens and Walmart. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

I purchased Vanilla Visa gift cards with my AmexPRG only when necessary....did it with no problem at Walgreens and Walmart. 

So did I (at CVS with my BC).   Amex decided it wasn't quite as necessary as I thought it was

Message 13 of 15
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Just to add info,  you can do the same at target; use your redcard to buy Visa gift cards.   A gift everyone loves. 

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 14 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

So did I (at CVS with my BC).   Amex decided it wasn't quite as necessary as I thought it was

Lol, the good ole days, before my time.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.