cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye BB&T! Hello Truist. New Card Offerings What does everyone think?

tag
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Bye Bye BB&T! Hello Truist. New Card Offerings What does everyone think?

Yesterday BB&T's website went down as they began the process of transferring accounts to the new Truist system. It is now Sunday and the website is back up. As with this merger Truist has replaced all cards BB&T offered. You can scroll down to you card if you want to see what's changed.

The BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards has been replaced by the Enjoy Cash credit card it has the same benefits 3% cash back on gas 2% cash back on groceries and utilities (up to the combined $1,000 monthly spend cap) 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases but something that changed is their appears to be two versions of this card. One that has the Spectrum Cash Benefits which is option 1 and option 2 earns 1.5% on all eligible purchases. Both option 1 and 2 of this card keep the 0% for 12 months that the Spectrum Cash had. Both options have no annual fee.

The BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewardshas had some valuable changes one change is the name of the card has changed to the Truist Enjoy Travel credit card. This card keeps the 2x and 1x rewards. Earn 2x miles per $1 spent on airfare, car rentals, and hotels. Earn 1x miles per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases just like the Spectrum Travel. It keeps the TSA pre check renewal up to $85 every four years. This card also still includes the 20,000 miles bonus but instead of having to spend $2000 you only have to spend $1500. The major change about this card is that it now has no annual fee. It's no no annual fee for the first year then $89. No it's no annual fee ever and it includes TSA that's pretty nice deal.

The BB&T Bright Credit Card has had no changes aside from a name change to the Truist Future credit card. This card keeps the 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. The 3% fee ($10 minimum) applies to each balance transfer is still their. This card also continues to have no annual fee and a rate of 11.24% – 20.24% variable APR after the intro rate expires. 

The BB&T Secured Cards which used to come in 3 versions a Spectrum Cash, a Bright, and a Travel version have been replaced by the Truist Enjoy Cash Secured credit card it earns the same rewards as the enjoy cash. This card does have a $19 annual fee though.

Saving this for last this appears to be a new card offer from Truist. The Truist Enjoy Beyond credit card. Truist describes it as a Premium Rewards card. The rewards for this card are 3x points per $1 spent on airfare, hotels, and car rentals, 2x points per $1 spent on dining, and 1x points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases. This card comes with a $100 for annual travel experience statement credit for items such as ground transport, streaming services, and ticket agencies. This card also includes a $100 credit for TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry® fee awarded once every four years. This card does have a bonus of 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 within 90 days of account opening. This card does however have a annual fee of $195.

It seems like some nice changes have been made to the cards and we even got a new card. Below I have includes pictures of the new card designs. I might go for one of these cards in the future. Though it does appear that they have done away with the pre qualify site. I'm hoping they add it back though.

credit-cards-enjoy-cash@2x.png
The Truist Enjoy Cash and the  Enjoy Cash Secured (Formerly BB&T Spectrum Cash)  

credit-cards-enjoy-travel@2x.pngThe Truist Enjoy Travel ( Formerly BB&T Spectrum Travel) 

credit-cards-future@2x.pngThe Truist Future Card (Formerly BB&T Bright)

credit-cards-enjoy-beyond@2x.png  Truist Enjoy Beyond Card (New Card!)                            

>
Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Bye Bye BB&T! Hello Truist. New Card Offerings What does everyone think?

Appreciate this write up 👍🏼.
Message 2 of 43
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

I have previously written nasty grams about BB&T and the Truist name (at the expense of SunTrust name).

But two things: 1) the offerings are pretty competitive if you live in their footprint and 2) I dig the purple card. Not enough cards are purple. Okay three things....3) thank goodness they aren't vertical! 

Man, this took forever it seems for this to come to fruition. Thanks for the write up!

Message 3 of 43
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this info! 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 43
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks for putting this up for everyone. I did receive a call from a banker at BB&T a few weeks ago. The call was in reference to the upcoming changes and she wanted to know if I was interested in any other services. I thought it was a good call. I like the new purple card also. Nice change.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 43
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Of course I can't get in now 😳

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 43
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I noticed in my app that my BB&T card is now showing as Truist Spectrum Cash. It was still showing as the red BB&T card a few days ago. I wonder if they are going to keep existing cards as BB&T names and the new cards as the Enjoy line. 6FC59C1C-1DB6-4D6D-B02C-38BA15557F6A.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 43
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Is Truist still geo restricted? 

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

Is Truist still geo restricted? 

yes if your not in their service footprint

Message 9 of 43
Jazzcat
Valued Member

Welp, I'm waiting for my newly approved BB&T "Bright" card to arrive by mail and am now wondering if it will have "Truist"    or "BB&T" name/colors initially ?

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.