Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Citi price rewind and most of their cards’ travel benefits

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Bye Bye Citi price rewind and most of their cards’ travel benefits

Another Citi devalue.  FYI, for those who make large purchases, it ends September 22nd.

Lol, that leaves Barclays that offers this.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Citi price rewind

"Effective September 22, 2019, Citi® Price Rewind will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date.

For purchases made prior to September 22, 2019:

• Coverage will remain unchanged, and you may submit requests with a lower price found within 60 days of your purchase
  • Citi Price Rewind will continue to search for a lower price for 60 days from the date of your registered purchase
  • To start a price search, you must register within 60 days of your purchase.  After November 20, 2019, no price searches can be started
  • Requests must be received within 180 days of your purchase. After March 19, 2020, no new requests can be submitted"

It was a good run...and the streamlined claims process made it easy to save on even small purchases.

---

I've currently got $46 of in-search savings...anyone else want to see how much we can collectively milk from it before it finally ends?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 98
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Unfortunately not all that surprising given many banks have eliminated it. My guess is the only ones who made heavy use of it are the unprofitable customers. I guess putting a cap on it wasn't enough.

Message 3 of 98
imaximous
Valued Contributor

It's not just price rewind. Now it looks like they'll be removing just about every benefit from their cards including the Prestige. They've pretty much destroyed their card benefits. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-removing-most-benefits-from-all-cards-on-september-22-trip-cance...

@redpat you should probably change the title to Bye Bye ALL Citi benefits Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 98
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

For the more pricey AF cards, how will they still be able to demand $495 for the prestige?
Message 5 of 98
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

It's not just price rewind. Now it looks like they'll be removing just about every benefit from their cards including the Prestige. They've pretty much destroyed their card benefits. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-removing-most-benefits-from-all-cards-on-september-22-trip-cance...

@redpat you should probably change the title to Bye Bye ALL Citi benefits Smiley LOL

Wow:  "Double Cash and Dividend cards will have Extended Warranty and Purchases Protection benefits removed"

IMO, except for those who REALLY hate Sync, this cements PPMC as a clear winner for 2% over DC (price rewind was the major feature in DC's favor)

Message 6 of 98
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

This is so much bigger then just price rewind for one card. Almost every single Citi card is getting a major devaluation of benefits.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-removing-most-benefits-from-all-cards-on-september-22-trip-cance...

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 98
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Wow:  "Double Cash and Dividend cards will have Extended Warranty and Purchases Protection benefits removed"

IMO, except for those who REALLY hate Sync, this cements PPMC as a clear winner for 2% over DC (price rewind was the major feature in DC's favor)

Yeah and not even that. I have the DC and PPMC. I've used price protection with the PPMC and I got my refund within a week or so. It wasn't automatic like Citi, but honestly, Citi doesn't always find the cheapest price unless you send it in yourself. So there's that too.

I filled out all the required info on the Mastercard site, submitted the required docs and advertising from another vendor, and everything got approved within a few days.

Message 8 of 98
redpat
Senior Contributor

If the free AUs on AA Exec  disappear, that would be the nail in the coffin for me.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi gone crazy, remove massive number of benefit from almost all cards

Prestige just lost more of its shine against CSR.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-removing-most-benefits-from-all-cards-on-september-22-trip-cance...

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Trip Delay Protection, Baggage Delay Protection, Lost Baggage Protection, Medical Evacuation, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, and Missed Event Ticket Protection will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms. Roadside Assistance Dispatch Service and Travel & Emergency Assistance will be discontinued and will not be available on or after September 22, 2019.

You will continue to have Extended Warranty and Damage & Theft Purchase Protection on this account…As a cardmember, you will also continue to receive a range of other card benefits including FICO®Credit Score, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and Citi Entertainment.

Message 10 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.