Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Citi price rewind and most of their cards’ travel benefits

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Citi price rewind

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Has anyone logged in and not been notified about the changes.

No notice on 4 separate Citi logins. AA personal, AA business , Premier and Prestige.

Kinda odd that I haven’t received a pop up yet

I got a pop up after logging in to citipricerewind.com.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 51 of 98
sladesurfer
Regular Contributor

Funny thing is the citi Prestige Philippines was never nerfed. Unlimited 4th night Free, golf etc...

Maybe because its not Master card its Visa Infinite.

Benefits

• 5x ThankYou points on local dining, shopping and all spend abroad.
  • Unlimited 4th night free at any hotel booked through the concierge.
  • Complimentary Priority PassTM Membership for principal cardmembers with unlimited access to over 900 VIP airport lounges worldwide.
  • Complimentary Airport Meet and Assist services and one-way luxury airport transfers for principal cardmembers at select airports, twice (2x) per calendar year.

https://www.citibank.com.ph/gcb/creditcards/cc_over_prestige.htm

PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Penfed Gold
NFCU Amex More Rewards
NFCU Cash Rewards
NFCU Flagship
Goldman Sachs Apple Card
Chase IHG Rewards Club Card
Chase Freedom Flex
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Amex Business Prime Card
Amex Marriott Brilliant Card
Amex Hilton Aspire Card
Amex Charles Schwab Platinum
Amex Gold Card
US Bank Cash+ card
Discover It Card
Capital One Quicksilver Card
Citi Double Cash
Citi Premier
Message 52 of 98
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

I've had my Citi card w/ price rewind for almost a decade, and in all those years I've never had a single purchase get "rewinded".

How many purchases did you register on citipricerewind.com?

I didn't even know that was a thing, ha! I just assumed it was an automatic thing. That would explain it. Oh well, like I said I always shop around for best prices anyways so I doubt it would've helped me much.

Sometimes it finds low prices in places I wouldn't think to look, or even in places that don't make any sense or that aren't there when I check. It can be dysfunctional in a consumer-friendly way.

For example, one time it supposedly found a laptop battery on an Etsy-like website (all I could find there was handcrafted household goods) for 75% less than I paid buying directly from Dell.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 53 of 98
NRB525
Super Contributor

One Mile At A Time has an interesting comment. The recent few years has Citi cards spinning, not able to decide what their benefits should be, and constantly adjusting, now throwing in the towel on benefits. This may be related to the Costco portfolio transfer from AMEX.

Meanwhile, AMEX, freed from the Costco albatross, has been revamping cards for the better.

AMEX also took Hilton away from Citi.

AMEX got the Marriott high value card away from Chase.

Remember the questions about "How will AMEX survive without Costco?" Seems like we have our answer.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 54 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some how, since Discover did card benefits reductions/eliminations, Citi is joining the crowd and, as of today, Bank of America joins in by announcing that one of their cards is going to experience a benefit reduction. It looks like we may see more reductions from other lender/issuer's. There is this 'whip lag' effect that comes and goes with what is in sync with the times (or is it a sign of the times?). As was mentioned in this thread, not so surprised by the changes related to no AF Tier Cards but, the travel related cards with large annual fees and benefits is more of a shock. Smiley Mad

Message 55 of 98
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Has anyone logged in and not been notified about the changes.

No notice on 4 separate Citi logins. AA personal, AA business , Premier and Prestige.

Kinda odd that I haven’t received a pop up yet

I didn't have a popup on my AA card upon login but as soon as I navigated to "Card Benefits" the popup appeared. 

Message 56 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find out the extent of benefit removal by going here:

1. Login to Citi

2. Card Benefits

3. FAQS
4. There you will see "Card Changes Effective (09/22/2019)

Message 57 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect that they will still email folks at some point, Amex seems to send out a notice even if only one word changes. lol

If true that this is just the start, then I'd say the benefits of having a Travel card are no longer worth the AF. The whole point, for some, is for some kind of trip coverage. Those who are able to offset the AF may not care since it doesn't affect them much, but for others others it's an issue.

Message 58 of 98
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I suspect that they will still email folks at some point, Amex seems to send out a notice even if only one word changes. lol

If true that this is just the start, then I'd say the benefits of having a Travel card are no longer worth the AF. The whole point, for some, is for some kind of trip coverage. Those who are able to offset the AF may not care since it doesn't affect them much, but for others others it's an issue.

I doubt it will affect most of the cardholders out there. Everyone I know that has a travel card don't know all the benefits that are available and don't use them. They see travel card and say, "hey, I want to travel! I should get this card." The card companies aren't gonna care about losing people that make money off of them.

Message 59 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that the Prestige has been gutted, the CSR stands as one of the last full premium travel cards with trip delay insurance.

What Citi has done is take two steps back and then decided to shoot itself in the foot.

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.