Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Citi price rewind and most of their cards’ travel benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Rewards+ Discontinued Benefits

My problem is that I get the same pop up messege for both the Diamond and the AA, so it appears to me both card are losing. I don't care one bit about any loss to teh DP because there's no AF, but the AA is a differnt story. I'd like to keep some of teh travel benefits, since it's a "Travel" card.

Message 91 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Rewards+ Discontinued Benefits

Depending on which card it gives a different pop up I have two and they are different for each one.
Message 92 of 98
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Citi DC - wiping out benefits (listed) effective 9/22

Important changes are coming to some of your Card Benefits.

The following is a summary of changes that are being made to your card benefits.

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, and Extended Warranty will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms.

We are making these changes so that we can continue providing the key benefits that our customers use and value most at no additional cost. This change requires no action on your part. See FAQs under Card Benefits for answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding these changes.

As a cardmember, you will continue to receive a range of other card benefits including FICO® Credit Score, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and Citi Entertainment.

Message 93 of 98
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC - wiping out benefits (listed) effective 9/22

@RickNATL wrote:

The following is a summary of changes that are being made to your card benefits.

Effective September 22, 2019, Worldwide Car Rental Insurance, Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection, Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance, Citi® Price Rewind, 90 Day Return Protection, Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, and Extended Warranty will be discontinued and will no longer be provided for purchases made on or after that date. Coverage for purchases made before that date will continue to be available, and you may continue to file for benefits in accordance with the current benefit terms.

We are making these changes so that we can continue providing the key benefits that our customers use and value most at no additional cost. This change requires no action on your part. See FAQs under Card Benefits for answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding these changes.

As a cardmember, you will continue to receive a range of other card benefits including FICO® Credit Score, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions, and Citi Entertainment.

Just an fyi, this has been discussed a lot on the forum.

Message 94 of 98
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

Today will go down in history as The Great Citibank Rewards Retraction of 2019.

AU

Message 95 of 98
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thank you M_Smart007....didnt know.
Message 96 of 98
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:
Thank you M_Smart007....didnt know.

No worries, I have done it a dozen times. Post then find a big thread.

Message 97 of 98
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.