Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Credit One Hello Discover

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Credit One Hello Discover

@Anonymous wrote:

We shall see. because back in December 2019 when I posted a screen shot of the prequalified on here a person left a response in the thread stating "Discover Card requires 5 years post BK" and I told said user we shall see because despite having BK on my profile my average age of accounts is 10 years. Therefore my credit profiel and situation as a whole is different from the typical person who files BK. I couldn't see a post who didn't have my average age of accounts acquiring the credit cards and limits I obtained over a short period of time. Therefore like the other nay sayers in the other thread, in the event I get approve for the card next year and for the most part before the 5 year mark with American Express and 10 year mark with Chase I'll be sure to bring this to your attention!

As long as you are willing to take the HP that ends in a denial applying to chase and amex before the required post bk wait time will provide nice fresh confirmation data point. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye Credit One Hello Discover

Since this is a data driven community and there is an emphasis on data points and information provided, it would make sense to take everything inyo consideration instead of having a a 1 shoe fit all scenario to certain situaitons and calling it a day. For example I received a discover card with a good limit and pretty much the best APR they have to offer. Yet it might seem mind boggling to other people who recently received a discover card and their APR is 19% to 23%, that is when you have to look at all of the given variables to come up with a conclusion as to why someones APR might be low and why anothers might be high, and why one was deny despite not having a BK and seemlingly a perfect score and why 5 years after bk they still can't get a certain card. I'm open to good advice but at the same time but instead of aiming for the mountain I'm shooting for the stars, which is why I'm contasntly doing everything within my means to elevate my career which will play a major role in earning a high salary in which income plays a role when requesting credit.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.