Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye HSBC Bye

tag
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Bye Bye HSBC Bye

Bad News:

- I was planning on using my HSBC card (opened in 2005 with a 1400 limit) if they had any special offers and found out the account was closed because I haven't used it in a few months.  (oops, my bad)

Good News:

- I had to call AmEx because I was making a large ticket purchase on my credit card and asked for a CLI - I requested 4k (up from 2k) and was granted the CLI!  I guess I should've asked for 6k but didn't want to risk getting declined.  This was the first time I asked for a CLI, and I've had the card since 2006.

While I'll miss the extra utilization and account history from HSBC, at least AmEx gave me a CLI and then some to make up for it and I guess I will have one less card to juggle.  I was never much of an HSBC fan to begin with.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bye Bye HSBC Bye

At least the HSBC will report for a while so it's not that big of a deal. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 2 of 4
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@hyprble --

Amex will usually counter offer if your CLI request exceeds what they will offer you. Keep that in mind in 6 months (when you can request another CLI).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyprble wrote:

While I'll miss the extra utilization and account history from HSBC

You might miss the util, but that Tradeline should remain on your reports for the next 10 years, so you will still have that history until it falls off in 10 yrs.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.