Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye Chase Pay

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Bye bye Chase Pay

Just to be clear, only the app is going away. Chase Pay as it stands elsewhere will remain. I use it all the time for filling up at Shell when fuel is 5% on Freedom since it is so much faster than actually typing in my ALT ID for Fuel Rewards, swiping card, saying No this is not a debit card, typing ZIP Code. At least the Shell app will still let me have essentially the same functionality.
Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Just to be clear, only the app is going away. Chase Pay as it stands elsewhere will remain. I use it all the time for filling up at Shell when fuel is 5% on Freedom since it is so much faster than actually typing in my ALT ID for Fuel Rewards, swiping card, saying No this is not a debit card, typing ZIP Code. At least the Shell app will still let me have essentially the same functionality.

Excellent point.  Smiley Happy

They did specify that shopping in 'merchant apps' would still be possible, so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. 

I always found the integration with Walmart Pay curious (for lack of a better word) so it will be particularly interesting to see if that one sticks around.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

But is there a benefit to using Chase Pay online, versus just using the CC itself?

Message 13 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Excellent point.  Smiley Happy

They did specify that shopping in 'merchant apps' would still be possible, so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes. 

I always found the integration with Walmart Pay curious (for lack of a better word) so it will be particularly interesting to see if that one sticks around.

Think this depends on how much Walmart wants to push their app on people. Another factor is Capital One taking over part of the portfolio later this year. Maybe they'll have something to say about it.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.