Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Byeeeee Target & Kohls.

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Byeeeee Target & Kohls.

I closed Target a few weeks ago, and just closed Kohls today, and after I recieve my Credit Steps CLI in a few days on my QS1, I will have no lines under 1k. Target and Kohls gave me a $300 limit, like really $300 ntyy.. 

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Byeeeee Target & Kohls.

I don't blame you for getting rid of low hanging fruit, I dreaded target, never grew past $300. Kohls to my surprise gave me a SL of $1k but alas it keeps the socks company. Just curious had you ever requested a CLI on either card? 

Message 2 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Target doesn't have a system in place for CLIs, and Kohls, wanted my account to be at least 6 mons old, and even then I probs would of gotten a CLI to 700, which is still too low for me.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Target doesn't have a system in place for CLIs, and Kohls, wanted my account to be at least 6 mons old, and even then I probs would of gotten a CLI to 700, which is still too low for me.

True enough, Well congrats on moving on. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $300  Kohl's, too. I totally plan on closing it as well. No more crap CL's for me Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Oh wow. . . I too started out with a $300 CL on both my Target and Kohl's cards.  Now my Target is at $800 and my Kohl's is $3,000 & both cards were opened in March 2014. 

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I'm keeping my Kohl's. They send good coupons! Constantly! 😆

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to close my Kohl's too but I've only had it since July with a SL of $300. I need it to help report a positive tradeline. I haven't used my Kohl's since August but I plan on running a couple of dollars thru it after they report to the CRA next week and paying it off again. Then it will go in the sock drawer for a month or two and start the dreaded process all over. ugh! Kohl's doesn't seem to budge much. I've read too many threads where most ppl have $300 SL and no CLI's.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.