Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C'mon NFCU 3-5 day message good sign??

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

C'mon NFCU 3-5 day message good sign??

I applied for the cash rewards card with them and was told my application has been accepted but needs further processing and told me 3-5 days I should have a decision
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DanielF
Contributor

Re: C'mon NFCU 3-5 day message good sign??

Just depends..... If they start asking you for documentation its a good sign. Usually they are decided within 24 hours.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 2 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They took a few days with mine and required i.d. verification. They are quite meticulous and thorough. It's neither good nor bad. You'll just have to wait and see. You should get an email, or you can also log in to your acct online to check the status.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 11
stephanieL
Established Member

I see nothing in your siggy that would warrant a denial. of course I cant see your credit file. I applied with them with a Bk and was given 6k right off the bat. Also had the card less then 90 days and already got a 1500 CLI..

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlile92 wrote:
I applied for the cash rewards card with them and was told my application has been accepted but needs further processing and told me 3-5 days I should have a decision

Got the 3-5 day message with my first CC, it took them a few days since I had to send them a copy of my ID and social security card. The second card (I applied for it this weekend) took.. well, less. I think I applied late Saturday night, and they approved it Monday morning. Anxiously waiting for that to show up in the mail.

Then again, the first time I got the 3-5 day message I got denied.

So it's neither good nor bad, it just means they're manually reviewing the application.

Message 5 of 11
frio
Frequent Contributor

i got the same message and the next day I got a 1k CLI , after I asked for a 6k CLI...but I think that is due because I have a hight Util % on the card but have never been late etc....Im going to lower it in the next few months and try again.

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Any X number of days is better than a flat out denial Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Just got the same message a couple day back. Called in told it was approved for 15k. I think I did not get a instant because I did a Navcheck for 10k the same day. You should be good to go.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 8 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

Just got the same message a couple day back. Called in told it was approved for 15k. I think I did not get a instant because I did a Navcheck for 10k the same day. You should be good to go.

Nice !!!!!!

Message 9 of 11
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Also good luck to the OP.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.