Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1 EO Apr red. and cli

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

C1 EO Apr red. and cli

It's been a little over five months since I went from 1300-5000 via the EO, after six years of paying on time perfectly!
Lol took a while. -.-

One thing I didn't do was ask for an APR reduction. My APR is 13.9%

It used to be like 8-9% before the economy blew up... LOL

My question is:
I would like an add'l cli, but it hasn't been six months. I'd also like an APR reduction.

So, should I go ahead and ask for both now...or should I ask for an APR reduction now and wait another few months for another cli? I will ask for a reduction to 6% and a cli to $12,500. I know - outlandish requests, BUT you guys inspire me ;-)

Thanks in advance 😏
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: C1 EO Apr red. and cli

Good morning.  I was just wondering if you reached out to C1 for the reduced apr/cli?  If so have you received a response yet? 

Message 2 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

They always say no to my APR redux request and yes to a CLI but after 2 increases it is still less than what I originally asked for.  I figure on the third request they will actually give me what I want.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I sent it Friday. No response yet -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
blunderer
Established Contributor

Thanks for the response. I'm sure you'll hear back with some really good news.

I requested an increase about 6 months ago and thinking about contacting them for anther CLI and  to reduce my apr.  My motto is, "Nothing beats a failure but a try" Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Np! :-)
If there is anything I have learned here, it is to aim for the stars with clis! Lol
So they actually just called me! The very nice lady said she would have an answer for me in a day or two :-)
Message 6 of 9
blunderer
Established Contributor

Wonderful!  Your credit limits are like that little energizer bunny....they just keep growing, and growing, and growing Smiley Very Happy

So you sent an email? 

I asked because I was considering checking to see if I still had the name of the person who responded to my last request and contacting them.  Maybe I should just send another email as well. 

Message 7 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Np! :-)
If there is anything I have learned here, it is to aim for the stars with clis! Lol
So they actually just called me! The very nice lady said she would have an answer for me in a day or two :-)

Wow I just added up your profile limits.  Holey Moley.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yup! I sent an email. She didn't sound very optimistic about getting me to 6% LOL. Which is fine lol 10% would be okay. My current rate is 17.9%, but temp reduced to 13.9%. I've had it as low as 5.99% before. From 07-09, it was like 8-10%(v)
She said the avg cred card rate is 17%, which I'm pretty sure isn't accurate according to bankrate.com. Ive been using this card for a few hundred a month, pif most of the time.
Lol my limits are nothing compared to some of these people! Like that Ron guy! Or Enharu!
My goals at this point are to work on improving my existing lines' terms and cls. I'll have to recon that Barclay Arrival app soon too!!
I'll let yall know when I hear back from C1!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.