Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

tag
lawless05
New Contributor

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

@SwedishChef wrote:

@lawless05 wrote:

What kind of things are you guys putting your emails. cause I sent my email like 2 days ago and have got a whole lot of nothing. My chase card should be here soon and I'm thinking that that my CAP ONE card is going to die when it does.

I waited just about a week before I got a response

Thanks for being that one person like me who didn't get a reply in 24-72 hours. You have giving me hope and more patience to wait the week before I go to the BBB.

Message 121 of 180
92SelfMade
Contributor

I emailed the exec office about 3-4 days ago and still haven gotten a response is there something I have to put to have them respond or can someone pm me a copy of the message they sent them without personal information and include the executive email address so I can make sure it is correct and a phone number if you could

Message 122 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

@92SelfMade wrote:

I emailed the exec office about 3-4 days ago and still haven gotten a response is there something I have to put to have them respond or can someone pm me a copy of the message they sent them without personal information and include the executive email address so I can make sure it is correct and a phone number if you could

The post linked below contains the link to find the correct address, as well as what some of our letters contained.  None of us posted a form letter, mainly because this is not really a form letter exercise.  

Tell them what you want, why, and why you think it's reasonable.  And let them know what you've tried with custoimer service.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

Message 123 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got a call back from the capitalone executive office after emailing them in the afternoon on the 15th.

He said he would have to do a soft pull and a manual review.  He should I should know by Tuesday at the very latest.

Very excited now.

He also said that on Tuesday we can talk about lowering my APR and adding any other features.

Message 124 of 180
lawless05
New Contributor

I just got my call!!!! She said that they are going to look into my file and see if they give me an increase, remove monthly fee, and lower my ARP. I didn't ask for 5000 like I should have but anything without a monthly fee and low APR is good to me since it my oldest card.

Message 125 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@lawless05 wrote:

I just got my call!!!! She said that they are going to look into my file and see if they give me an increase, remove monthly fee, and lower my ARP. I didn't ask for 5000 like I should have but anything without a monthly fee and low APR is good to me since it my oldest card.

Maybe they watch this forum and saw what you said?  Wouldn't that be funny?  Capone: 'uh oh, another card member is planning the BBB route, we better reach out to them.  Bernhardtra has once again posted his story about going to the BBB, we better not let that happen, if we get a bad BBB rating it might affect our planned takeover of First Premier.'

No, I don't know of any plans of theirs to take over First Premier, but they must have some plan insure they retain their control of the sub prime market.  The purchase of HSBC was their largest competitor in this.  Unless Merrick steps up and makes their presence known and expands what they do, there is no reasonable company who offers unsecured cards to people with short or damaged credit history.  Not a reasonable one I can think of anyway.  I wish Merrick would start to purchase banks like Capone did in the past to establish themselves as a real bank presence and expand what they do.  They should also expand their product line!  Oh boy should they do that and give some love to us who have been with them a long, long time!

Congrats.  With the limits you have they will probably match it or come close to it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 126 of 180
lawless05
New Contributor

@bernhardtra Lol I thought I was the only person that thought! I really hope she calls back with some great news. I'm going to be stalking my account with all of this post of 2 day late phone calls after the limits were raised earlier.
Message 127 of 180
92SelfMade
Contributor

I finally got a response myannual fee was waived and I will get a callback in regards to apr reduction and cli

Message 128 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@lawless05 wrote:
@bernhardtra Lol I thought I was the only person that thought! I really hope she calls back with some great news. I'm going to be stalking my account with all of this post of 2 day late phone calls after the limits were raised earlier.

While they probably are reading these posts, I doubt in most situations they can connect the dots from who posted here to them.  It could be done if your screen name here is the same as there.  Is there where some of us are doing a Homer Simpson and saying, 'Doh.'  I imagine one or two of us are.  In case they do know who I am, I will simply say right now, I will not be satisfied until I get the Venture Rewards Cards without an annual fee and they must give me the bonus points for signing up when they convert my account!  Other than this I will apply for it at some point and get the points then and make them service both accounts!  Bwaahhh ha ha ha!

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 129 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@92SelfMade wrote:

I finally got a response myannual fee was waived and I will get a callback in regards to apr reduction and cli

Was it waived or removed.  I had mine permanently removed not waived.  They did nothing about the APR, but they did give me a CLI and remove the fee.  Funny story about getting the fee waived by normal customer service, which I like repeating.  I called normal number and asked for them to remove the annual fee and they said they could waive it.  I said I wanted it removed, not waived, I chose the wording carefully.  They said they could waive it and they did, I simply said they could do what they wanted as I really wanted it removed.  I waited a few days and I called back and asked about having the annual fee removed, they said they could waive it, but not remove it.  I carefully chose my words and said I was not looking for it to be waived, but removed from the account entirely.  They did what they wanted and I kept my mouth shut, I actually kept my mouth shut 3 times and made sure that each time I called I was very clear about what I was looking for and was not asking for it to be waived, but removed.  It is there problem they waived it 3 times is all I can say now and if there is ever a situation where they accuse me or wrong doing I will simply say; 'All phone calls are monitored for training and quality, so go back and listen and you will see, I did not request it, the blame lies on the person who works for your company, not me'

They have carefully chosen phrases they like to say to appease you, I have carefully chosen phrases too! 

Message 130 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.