Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

Lol it's so funny how Cap1 is such a discussed credit monster! Meanwhile, I've been racking up 1.25% cash on everything that Chase/discover/amex doesn't cover haha!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 131 of 180
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I sent an email about my household bank card..mentioned my history with the credit limit, as well as the 3 back to back inquiries on TU that went unresolved, despite being told they should not be there. The high annual fee gives me very little incentive. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything but I was hoping to get the annual fee waived until they figure out what they are doing. I was completely honest that over the last year I feel like I have been ignored despite my commitment to keeping the card active.

Of course, that was sent last Sunday and no response. I guess I am not their problem at the moment..lol

Hey, I tried!!!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 132 of 180
nash2vic
Valued Member

I sent my letter to  the capital1 executive office at 05.30 am and 6 hours later got a call back from 800 phone number. Very excited and waiting for second call with CLI decision.

Updated!!!

Got a second call from EO couple minutes ago and my CL bumped from $750 to $3500. Cool!!!

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: EX FAKO 799 (Credit.com), TU FICO (Discover) 757 (4/19/14), TU MYFICO 738, EQ ?
Goal Score: 800

Amazon 3500 - PayPal Credit 6000 - Discover IT 9000 - AMEX TE 2000 - AMEX BCE 2000 - CITI TY 6000 - CITI Simplicity - 5900 - Chase Freedom 5800 - Chase Amazon 1700 - Macys 1000 - Cap 1 4000 - CITI Shell 1200 - Chase INK 2000 - CSP 10800 - BofA Cash 5000
Message 133 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I sent an email about my household bank card..mentioned my history with the credit limit, as well as the 3 back to back inquiries on TU that went unresolved, despite being told they should not be there. The high annual fee gives me very little incentive. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything but I was hoping to get the annual fee waived until they figure out what they are doing. I was completely honest that over the last year I feel like I have been ignored despite my commitment to keeping the card active.

Of course, that was sent last Sunday and no response. I guess I am not their problem at the moment..lol

Hey, I tried!!!!!

My advice to you would be to try the Better Business Bureau.  In this way they will probably take it a bit more serious.  When I filed with the BBB I got a phone call the same day, merely hours after I file, from Capone.  If you have more than one account with them make sure they are speaking of the account in question.  I had two accounts, a Household and a Capone.  The Household account had been given a small increase a few months back.  I don't know if that was some ploy they used or not, did they really think I wouldn't notice the difference?  Since they never mentioned the account number, I almost didn't until the second call.  Even the way they phrased what they said didn't really give a good indication except the fact they did mention that I had to wait until January to get a CLI.  I even had hung up the phone not really understanding it was the Household account.  It was kinda quick and maybe they were calculating and counting on that.  I did make sure I called right back and rejected the offer from the BBB, clearly stating that they were talking about the wrong account.  I had to reject the offer twice and make it clear that they were speaking of a different account and that I did communicate that to them on the phone, since I did call them back and say; 'HEY now." 

They did say they would forward the complaint to the right department and I would get a call within 2 days.  All this time they kept trying to get me to accept the offer from the BBB.  As I said I kept rejecting the offer and I even then called the right office after waiting 2 days.  I finally was able to get in touch with the right office, because at first they would not give me the number and I had to call again and again.  They said they didn't have a number for me to call, after repeated attempts I was connected and given the number.  They are tricky and I think it is by design!  But I don't think they want a negative mark from the BBB.  They are not ranked too badly at the BBB, now think about that and how many people here have tried to get results.  Think of how many here have had positive results.  How many people complain about the service?  What abou the silent ones?  Yeah some don't deserve it, but some and the ones that do, should have an option.  This option, if they aren't responding to the friendly route, might be the less than friendly route; the BBB.

While HSBC wasn't always the best about giving good limit increases to it's customer, it does appear they were willing to do so.  I have heard of only a few valid stories about them not doing so.  Now Capone has blocked all HSBC accounts from increases, supposedly temporarily?  You might not get a CLI from them, but you might get those inquiries removed!  They had not changed the HSBC policies about CLI's until two months ago, is there any reason for this?  I am sure they have one and I am sure the Prime cardholders are a bit more understanding since they will probably be receiving a better upgrade when their card coverts fully to Capone.  I said a long time ago that it will probably the middle cardholders which will be affected the most.  I have the Household card with rewards and no annual fee.  There is no midrange product at Capone which compares, since there is no midrange product at Capone.  My first strategy was to get a high limit with them to insure that I could not be reclassified as a subprime card.  My second strategy was to have either a prime card or a high limit card so they would have difficulty doing this.  I have achieved a card with a high limit and 2 prime cards.  If they convert my card and try to replace it with a $39 AF card I will laugh at them.  Imagine those who have not achieved either of these!  If they have a Household card with a low limit and a fee, then they will probably classified as a subprime card and might be assessed the fee that is associated with it.  If they don't have an option, what will they do, just accept it.  And Capone likes fees! 

I might be wrong in what I have deduced about their strategy, which could change depending on what customers do.  However, I did think that there was going to difficulty with them fitting in the near prime cards into their product line.  This might be an attempt by them to fit them in a less than polite manner.  I am right now simply getting ready to make sure that I reach the next level in points on my Household card and then I will cash them out to make sure I don't lose anything.  If they product change me into a fee based card, I will ask the AF to be waived.  I will also make sure that until the card has a good limit or product changed, it sits in my sock drawer.  I plan on not using the card until such a time as it converts into one of their prime cards!  The only reason at this point I am keeping any card open is to maintain the AAOA.  When my limits on my Prime Cards are big, then I will simply start with the worst cards in my portfolio and close them.  I have my strategy, which involved filing with the BBB in the past and you should have a strategy too.  My strategies timeline actually has been better than I hoped!  I did not expect the high limit card or 2 prime cards at this point.  I was realistice and you should be too!  Maybe your best bet is to file with the BBB, so it insures that they treat you properly.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 134 of 180
klorics3
Established Member

Decided to email the CEO last night, received a call from the exec office this morning. He Verified some of my personal info and asked for income, said that the request would be submitted to underwriting and it would take about 10 days. I have the platinum, no hassle, and best buy MasterCard gold. Later in the afternoon I received a call from the president's office regarding my BBY Mstcard, Verified info and income and ran a soft pull. limit increased from $1000 to 1750! Not much still it's something. She told me to call the same number back in 6-8 months to request for another increase. 

I'm pretty excited about it, we'll see how the other 2 accounts go. 

2013 Cards: Discover IT $1900. Zync $500 Hard. Wells Fargo $1400. BBRZMC $1750. Cap1 QS $300. Cap1 QS1 $200. Walmart Store $2600. Amazon Store $1000.
Message 135 of 180
lawless05
New Contributor

I love to read about every one success with capital one.I hope to be part of the beat Cap1 club next week when I hear back from them. Congrats to those who already have CLI!!!

Message 136 of 180
lawless05
New Contributor

So today i logged into my Capital one account and found that i have a CLI of 1000----->1750CL now. This is just not enough to keep this card. While i was waiting for Crap1 to call with the details of my request i got approved for a Discover IT card with a 6,000 limit. I dont know if i'm crazy or not but i've been with Crap on for 7 years and this is all they can offer me they FAIL Major. It was worth a try. i cant wait for the call from them on this Thursday telling the offer and me replying with CANCEL the card it has 0 balance.

Message 137 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@lawless05 wrote:

So today i logged into my Capital one account and found that i have a CLI of 1000----->1750CL now. This is just not enough to keep this card. While i was waiting for Crap1 to call with the details of my request i got approved for a Discover IT card with a 6,000 limit. I dont know if i'm crazy or not but i've been with Crap on for 7 years and this is all they can offer me they FAIL Major. It was worth a try. i cant wait for the call from them on this Thursday telling the offer and me replying with CANCEL the card it has 0 balance.

Well they will probably also remove the annual fee, so just keep it at a $0 balance and keep the average age of account up (AAOA).  You should definitely point out the 7 years and the other limits that you have with actual 'Prime' cards with truly 'conservative' lenders.  I am sure they might bring up the aspect which they like to use as rhetoric about being a conservative lended.  I called them yesterday about getting my interest rate reduced on my account.  Because I love them so much I brought up I brought up the aspect of conservative lenders now who trust me when they mentioned that word and proceeded to repeatedly use examples to disprove everything the executive office is now starting to repeat as if they were just CSR's which were promoted because of the demand in phone calls from less than happy customers.  You fared less than I did when I did my BBB case.  I went from $500 to $2000 and I have only been with them for 2.5 years.  They said they will call me back on my Capital One Card and my Household Card today.  I'm not holding my breath for anything from them.  I just want them to work for having me as a card holder at this point, I don't plan on using the cards.  I would not even have all the cards I do now if they had simply worked with me long ago.  Maybe, if they product change my card to a Venture card I will use it, but it must also come with the bonus 10,000 miles. 

And oh yeah, even the Exec Office suggested that if I want a product change to try applying for a new card.  My response is what it always is.  If you treated me with good CSR I would not need to reapply, so there is no real decision to make.  I will not reapply, I will wait for you to use good business practices to keep me as a customer.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 138 of 180
racer-x
Valued Contributor

lawless - Just  a week or so ago, I had the exact opposite result that you had with Cap One and Discover IT.

I received the IT with only a $1875 CL and Cap One bumped me from $500 to $5000 after a letter and a couple of calls from the EO.  Only 2 yrs with Cap One.

Sorry it didn't work out as well as you had hoped.

Message 139 of 180
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I just got my call from the EO yesterday after their review. Talked to a nice guy named James. Raised my one card from $2,500 to $5,000 and the other card from $1,500 to $4,000. Added miles rewards on one and 1% cash back on the other. Have had both cards 7 years.

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 140 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.