Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

I just used the last four of my acct # although op told me they did not use any identifying info
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 101 of 180
londonhogfan
Contributor

Do you know if this will work for the BestBuy RewardZone Mastercard or cards from Orchard Bank?

Also, if you get a product change will it also change your account start dates?

Thanks - love this forum.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 102 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
@bern....
Idk if you've done this, but a lot of times I will wait for new limits to report before I request any add'l cli from other banks! Having a $20k limit reporting def'ly has an almost def'ly positive impact ime on initial lines and increases...meaning many lenders will grant higher cls if they see you handlin say, an $8000 limit...but you should let it report first!!!!:-) When I got my first $3000-4000 limit card, my FICO jumped like 50 pts!!

@bern....
Idk if you've done this, but a lot of times I will wait for new limits to report before I request any add'l cli from other banks! Having a $20k limit reporting def'ly has an almost def'ly positive impact ime on initial lines and increases...meaning many lenders will grant higher cls if they see you handlin say, an $8000 limit...but you should let it report first!!!!:-) When I got my first $3000-4000 limit card, my FICO jumped like 50 pts!!

Yeah, I understand that, just haven't asked for any CLI's recently, but thanks anyway.  I used that aspect of things when I got my CLI from Capone.  They put me right in the middle of my highest limit and other cards other than theirs!  My score jumped too when I got a card higher than $2000, does it happen again at another point?  Because if it does, I will then see a new jump here when the Compass Card reports!  I keep checking to see if it is already reporting and showing, but as of yet nothing.  However, the closing date for the statement is tomorrow, so it will be there in a few days for me to witness what happens!  I can't any score improvement on my utilization rate, since it is already under 20% and this limit would make it under 10%. 

One drawback to the Compass Card is that they don't do CLI's at all right now, or so they say.  Meaning the limit you get is the limit you get.  I think this is a bit backwards!  You would think at least they would do so after a year and then every 6 months or so from that point on.  Additionally, if you want a limit they do a hard pull.  Basically, this card will be used for the rewards points and to transfer my sister's balance over and then put in the sock drawer.  From what I can tell the rewards are at least half that of the Chase or the Discover cards, with no extra bonus categories or what not.  So maybe not applying for the preapproval is good, unless you want to claim the points and sock drawer it too!  How I feel right now is that anyone who wants to give me rewards for doing so, can.  I will use them to my advantage and build up to an Amex card one day or the best of the best in rewards cards.  Other than that, I don't really need any other credit! 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 103 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@londonhogfan wrote:

Do you know if this will work for the BestBuy RewardZone Mastercard or cards from Orchard Bank?

Also, if you get a product change will it also change your account start dates?

Thanks - love this forum.

Probably not unless they have already converted it over to the Capone system.  They have stopped doing CLI's on the HSBC cards until they fully convert over.  I called them to raise the limit on my Household card, they said to call them back in January.  When I called them back I was informed it happened the day after I spoke with them in Nov.  It was nice they planned for all this.  I imagine I will have to wait until June or longer now to get a CLI on that card.  They told me when I was at the six month mark from my last increase at Household they would seriously consider giving me a limit comparable to my other cards.  That worked out well, uh huh!   Maybe, since it is a private label card the rules on that might be different, but it is Capone we are talking about so I wouldn't count on it.  I think it would be easier to count on winning the lottery, or in this case; struck by lightning.

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 104 of 180
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... I'd say call the HSBC backdoor number, but change the 8 to a 6 on the last digit LOL... It's another backdoor number!!!!

Bern... If you're util will drop that much due to the new Compass acct., you should expect to see a 10-20 pt jump in your fico ime! I'd wait six months from your last cli w C1 then request a new higher cl! :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 105 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah... I'd say call the HSBC backdoor number, but change the 8 to a 6 on the last digit LOL... It's another backdoor number!!!!

Bern... If you're util will drop that much due to the new Compass acct., you should expect to see a 10-20 pt jump in your fico ime! I'd wait six months from your last cli w C1 then request a new higher cl! :-)

I have a serious delinquency on my report from Sallie Mae telling me to fill some forms out before I went overseas and then they defaulted on the loan while I was gone, so I have to stay under 20% and I don't think I see much increase at under 10%, but I could be wrong.  I think when all my accounts report here soon I will actually have 6.2% util.  If it does increase that's kewl too, but scores are not really the most important thing anyway.  I have many inquiries and some short accounts.  My AAOA is 2 yrs. 4 mo. and I have those two accounts below which are low limits.  While the overall is almost $25,000 I expect that while it impacts my scores a little, it doesn't really hurt it too much in regards to new credit, but the new accounts do!  I am just going into gardening mode anyway for a while.  I will get CLI's on the accounts I have and be happy.  (Hopefully, that Walmart card will become a Walmart Discover Card soon.)  I guess we will see what happens to the score when all are reported.  We will also see how nervous Barclays gets with the new accounts.  (I cashed out my rewards on that because I heard they are a bit jumpy that way.)

Yeah, I will try again later this year with Capone now that I have that card, but mostly work on AAOA.  This is important to lenders like Amex, just in case I want one of those cards one day!

Message 106 of 180
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's funny! I typically try to cash out my rewards asap so these shady banks don't aa me!!! You must know that affects their profitability! I actually got a free weekend at a Hilton with my Trav Amex!!! Haha

My Wmt Discover upgrade offer came after two years of a perfect history with them, as well as a 40-50 increase in my FICO. I was at like 670+ when I got the offer.

Also, if you feel you have a case... You should dispute the derog info on Sallie Mae via all three of the CRAs. You can dispute stuff for FREE!!!!!
Message 107 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

That's funny! I typically try to cash out my rewards asap so these shady banks don't aa me!!! You must know that affects their profitability! I actually got a free weekend at a Hilton with my Trav Amex!!! Haha

My Wmt Discover upgrade offer came after two years of a perfect history with them, as well as a 40-50 increase in my FICO. I was at like 670+ when I got the offer.

Also, if you feel you have a case... You should dispute the derog info on Sallie Mae via all three of the CRAs. You can dispute stuff for FREE!!!!!

Yeah, I think I tried that.  I pretty much tried that for anything negative on my report at one point.  They all fell off last summer and I saw a nice jump in my score then.  It was at that point I added Walmart, Belks, Marathon Visa, and later the Barclays card.  I vowed to wait to get others until I got a preapproval offer, when I got that this month with Compass I mini spreed.  Since I have these inquiries already for this month/time frame I am tempted for the Amex too, but I think I would be denied and can't spend that much in three months to make it worth getting for the bonus points.  (I actually don't live in the US right now, otherwise I would simply try and if I got it I would certainly use it to insure point was earned!  Yes, I am a US citizen, no I am not doing anything fishy, just making sure when I return I have excellent credit to buy a house with.)

Message 108 of 180
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i please be sent the emails used for the executive office used. thx

Message 109 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

can i please be sent the emails used for the executive office used. thx

Click the green card in my siggy; it takes you to the walkthrough thread for Cap1 exec help.  If you click the google fu link on that, the literal first result is the one you want.  It's that easy.

Message 110 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.