Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

I am trying to get a mortgage for a new house and my LO told me I need to get my credit score to 660.  I am going for a USDA loan.

My credit score at the moment is 628.  When I had my score pulled in December I had 4 cards that were maxed out.  (C1 $1000/$1000, C1 $900/$1000, Orchard Bank $250/$350, Target $150/$200).  2 Days after I had my score pulled I dropped by utilization to the following (C1 $366/$1000, C1 $785/$1000, Orchard Bank $46/$350, Target $0/$200)  

How much would you guess my score would have changed?  Also, I emailed the capitalone exec office using the below directions yesterday (1/15) around 3 PM, but I have no heard anything back yet.  I am requesting to have my CL increased to $5000 and to have my APR lowered. (23% Currently).  I haven't had a late payment in the past 2 years and my Utilization hasn't always been at or close to 100%.  I would guess maybe for 8 or 9 months since 2008 has it been at or clsoe to 100%.  Would raising my CL increase my score as well?

Do you think the exec path is a way I should go?  Also, when do you think I should hear back from them?  I did include my email and phone number in the email I sent to the exec office.

Thanks again

Click the green card in my siggy; it takes you to the walkthrough thread for Cap1 exec help.  If you click the google fu link on that, the literal first result is the one you want.  It's that easy.

Message 111 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much would you guess my score would have changed?  

Do you think the exec path is a way I should go?  Also, when do you think I should hear back from them?  

Thanks again

Anytime.  As far as the score goes, your guess is as good as mine.  Utilization can have a HUGE impact, though.  The exec is the way to go if you have already tried cusomer service and not gotten the desired result.  They get back to you within a couple of days.

Message 112 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

Regarding Utilization, I personally have had the best results when only one card shows a balance, and that balance is less than 5% of my total available credit.  

Distantarray recently posted a graph made by Bobwang from Creditboards in this thread and it shows the utilization effect on different credit profiles.  Very useful information.

Message 113 of 180
texasman07
Established Contributor

MY utilization was at 45%. I admit u called a few months back and got shot down. I tried again and within 24 hours my online account had the CL increase . A day later I got the congratulations call!
Message 114 of 180
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

SCORE!

So... ironically, the lady I spoke with several months ago just called me as a result of the email I sent to good ole Dick Fairbank. Kinda funny cause it's the same young lady that kept denying me when I called the Ex Office directly then...

anywho,

asked me income, rent, employment questions....

She said give her 72 business hours and she will have it done. I told her min was $5000 total cl and I'd like to have $7500.

I can't believe they responded so quickly! I literally sent that email a couple of hours ago!! :-D

Maybe if I click my shiny black Steve Madden's a few times, I will..... not go home... but get  a credit line increase from Capital One!!!! She was VERY nice this time btw :-)

It almost sounded like she'd get in trouble if I wasn't a satisfied customer! haha

:-)

youngandcreditwrthy!!!! I think I love you! LOL! I composed my email using my Masters level education to write as smart as possible with my request. A few hours into my day I get a phone call from EO and answered some questions including how much I wanted. Days later I not only have two Cash Rewards cards (as they changed one of my accounts!) but I also got a super decent increase!!! Loving life right now! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Smiley Very Happy

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 115 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

SCORE!

So... ironically, the lady I spoke with several months ago just called me as a result of the email I sent to good ole Dick Fairbank. Kinda funny cause it's the same young lady that kept denying me when I called the Ex Office directly then...

anywho,

asked me income, rent, employment questions....

She said give her 72 business hours and she will have it done. I told her min was $5000 total cl and I'd like to have $7500.

I can't believe they responded so quickly! I literally sent that email a couple of hours ago!! :-D

Maybe if I click my shiny black Steve Madden's a few times, I will..... not go home... but get  a credit line increase from Capital One!!!! She was VERY nice this time btw :-)

It almost sounded like she'd get in trouble if I wasn't a satisfied customer! haha

:-)

youngandcreditwrthy!!!! I think I love you! LOL! I composed my email using my Masters level education to write as smart as possible with my request. A few hours into my day I get a phone call from EO and answered some questions including how much I wanted. Days later I not only have two Cash Rewards cards (as they changed one of my accounts!) but I also got a super decent increase!!! Loving life right now! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Smiley Very Happy

Well congrats on that.  I hope to fair rather nicely when I have to go through this procedure again in 4 months.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 116 of 180
lawless05
New Contributor

What kind of things are you guys putting your emails. cause i sent my email like 2 days ago and have got a whole lot of nothing. My chase card should be here soon and i'm thinking that that my CAP ONE card is going to die when it does.

Message 117 of 180
Mama-j
Contributor

I've got my increase this morning, from $300 to $2000!! Yes! Thank you to this forum I was able to get the increase. I had the card since 2008 so I don't want to close it. I do have another card from 2011 with $750 limit that I didn't include in the email should I ask for another increase or wait until this one report so my ult would be even better? I want to be at least at $3000 on the second card. And how long does it took until the new CL shows up in CR?

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 118 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@lawless05 wrote:

What kind of things are you guys putting your emails. cause i sent my email like 2 days ago and have got a whole lot of nothing. My chase card should be here soon and i'm thinking that that my CAP ONE card is going to die when it does.

You could try to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, that might get their attention too!  That is what I did and I got a call the same day I filed it!  They removed my annual fee and raised my credit limit.  With the removal of the annual fee there is now no reason to close the account, I just simply put it in the sock drawer when my Discover Card, Chase Card, and Compass Card arrived.  You can do the BBB online!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 119 of 180
SwedishChef

@lawless05 wrote:

I waited just about a week before I got a response

Börk Börk Börk!
Message 120 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.