Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

Im assuming that folks who already have the Venture card are grandfathered in to the prior AF ($59), like me. If I get a notice that they are raising the AF on current card holders, I will PC to the QS.
Message 21 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase's ridiculous 5/24 on CSP is literally putting money into Capital One's pockets -- massive money.  Remember that CSP advertises as a 2X card even though it's more than 2X on travel earning->redemption.

So Capital One's Venture is a "2X" card but not equal to Chase's better 2X.

Since people can't get CSP so easily, they just go to Capital One who is happy to give everyone huge SLs.

$95/year is easy money for them.  Good on Capital One for profiting from Chase's jealousy.

Right, and why would you pay $95 AF on 2x everything when a card like $0 AF Citi DC exists.

There is no real competition when it come to this card. 

You're paying 95 a year for a worthless slab of metal. 

Message 22 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

They must really want it to become just a "churn" card if they're raising the annual fee

Message 23 of 115
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

$500 not $400 sign up bonus though

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 24 of 115
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase's ridiculous 5/24 on CSP is literally putting money into Capital One's pockets -- massive money.  Remember that CSP advertises as a 2X card even though it's more than 2X on travel earning->redemption.

So Capital One's Venture is a "2X" card but not equal to Chase's better 2X.

Since people can't get CSP so easily, they just go to Capital One who is happy to give everyone huge SLs.

$95/year is easy money for them.  Good on Capital One for profiting from Chase's jealousy.

Right, and why would you pay $95 AF on 2x everything when a card like $0 AF Citi DC exists.

There is no real competition when it come to this card. 

You're paying 95 a year for a worthless slab of metal. 

Fee for foreign purchases – 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each purchase.

Because of that on the DC.  As others have intimated this is a competitor vs the CSP and similar offerings from Barclays/Amex et al.  Citi DC is a different beast for a different type of consumer... for all that we blend it altogether here.

        
Message 25 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you transfer miles between cap one cards or do you have to use them on that card?  I have a bunch of miles on the Venture One, but thinking about grabbing this and would like to throw the miles onto my venture one, then close the new card at 11 months.

Message 26 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Limitless, 2.5% cash back, no FTF... I know it's availablity is very narrow but it was a card that existed. 

PenFed Cash rewards, 2% cash back, no FTF, no AF. 

Alliant 2.5% and 3% cash back, no FTF, $59 annual fee (waived the first year). 

Paypal 2% cash back, no FTF, no AF. 

Capital One doesn't make their card appealing to loyalists, or at least educated ones. 

Message 27 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently asked this question as was told yes, between the 2 Venture cards you can transfer miles.
Message 28 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brickie74 wrote:
I recently asked this question as was told yes, between the 2 Venture cards you can.

Transfer miles?

Message 29 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. I’ve been thinking about going for the Venture One when Cap One offers a nice sign in bonus. I would then transfer miles from V to V1.
Before the annual fee kicks in on my Venture card, i’ll possibly PC to QS.
Message 30 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.